Turning a Quest into a Verdetta

Vargas

I like the green color Andrew had his Silvio painted.
I am thinking on having my Quest painted green too, so I can call it a Verdetta.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Quest into a Vendetta

Thanks for the compliment on the colour.

With the adjustable seat angle, I wonder if a Quest could become a mini-Vendetta with the right components. It seems possible that a Quest could be turned into a real flyer.

richa

As long as the ground's level

The Quest is great on level ground, but, unfortunately, the triangle/handlebar flex will keep it from ever challenging a vendetta on a climb. Until Cruzbike replaces the front end with the proven winner used on the Silvio/Vendetta that is.

http://cruzbike.com/quest-frame-flex-tested

Rich

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
What Rich said.
The V is

What Rich said.

The V is simply the fastest bike under the same conditions than any other I have been on.

The gap is too wide there.

Robert

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I was having a good laugh

I was having a good laugh watching people miss that. I cheated and used google. :)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
...hmm, why would it not

...hmm, why would it not work?

Verdetta(1).jpg height:272px; width:436px

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Verdetta

That's pretty!

The pic. that Mr. Youngblood posted is very pretty.

With the seat angle so steep -at what, a forty degree recline-
that puts the handlebars in your lap, close to your sternum.

For the the 'Verdetta', to work properly with the Silvio/Vendetta front end, the seat needs to be laid back.
The short seat of the Q/Sofrider
?does not work very well when it's reclined to V/S levels.

Finally, with a proper seat and seat angle, the Verdetta will put
the (tall) rider's inner ear aft of the rear axle.
This is ridable, but not by me.

P.S.:
This concept can be made to work well,
I just think it needs work.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
This is just plying around

This is just plying around with stock images of the two bikes, however I did slid the slider forward, and lower the seat in this image. This looks ridable to me.

Verdetta-2.jpg

cllsjd

Handlebar Stem Flex

I'm not sure my arms are strong enough on a long climb, more than a few minute, to really make much difference to my climbing speed. However, a cheap fix might be to run a piece of stainless steel wire from the bottom bracket or the extension clamp up to the handlebars / stem. A little pre-tension on the wire would probably be necessary so getting the length just right might take a bit of trial and error. A turnbuckle would also work. This would only reduce the flex along the length of the bike and not any twisting.

chuck

Rampa

Guru
With an outer boom tube and a clamp

You could very quickly have this bike! Those 2 parts might be pretty easy to make oneself.

I want one too!

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Playing around with images

Rick, flip the seat tube around to get the back reclined further where it is almost parallel and touching the seat tube and also move the seat bottom back more. I did this on my loaner quest and could not really reach the normal Quest handlebars but that configuration might work. Keep in mind you can also go the other direction by pushing the boom more forward, lowering the BB for better fit but perhaps poorer aero.

-Eric