Two Weeks to Tahoe

image.jpg image.jpg

Two weeks from today I leave for Lake Tahoe and the JDRF Ride to Cure. This is the ride I have trained all year to ride.

As many of you know, I have T1 diabetes. For seven years I couldn't ride any bike safely. That changed last November when I found the JDRF. Because of the JDRF I discovered Cruzbike and this amazing community that I consider my tribe. (I was working the JDRF booth at the Seattle Bike Expo around the corner from the Rose City Recumbent booth.)

But the truth is that without the JDRF I wouldn't have Sigrditha. I would still be living in fear in a world without cycling.

In two weeks I ride to give back to the organization that enables me to be here. I ride to work toward finding a cure for this disease. I will be riding SigrD along with a few thousand cyclists and spreading the Cruzbike gospel.

If you are able, I could use your support. I'm short of my goal and running out of time. Here's a link to my ride page.
http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=5205&pg=personal&px=9550496

Anything you are able to donate would be greatly appreciated.

Abbott

jond

Zen MBB Master
two weeks to go abbott. very exciting for you. no more flying monkeys flying vendettas are way nicer. stay safe and ride smart. well done on meeting your target and hooray for all those kind lovely donations from the tribe. how cool is that. hands across the water.

two weeks to go abbott. very exciting for you. no more flying monkeys flying vendettas are way nicer. stay safe and ride smart. well done on meeting your target and hooray for all those kind lovely donations from the tribe. how cool is that. hands across the water.
Thanks jon. The Cruzbike Tribe was a huge component of how I met my goal. Thanks to everyone and all of your support.

Didn't get to ride this weekend because I'm fighting a bug. Nasty rainy/windy weather here. Need to stay healthy more than train at this point.

jond

Zen MBB Master
yes with two weeks to go you cannot add much to your fitness state. so maybe a few easy sessions on the trainer before your huge victory lap of the lake :) shall pray for nice weather for you .