un français en silvio

papou

un fran?ais en silvio

~~hello all,
I am French and recent owner of an S30 with whom I long distances. I have two questions about the suspensions: how do we maintain the VA and how to set the AR

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Suspension

I am not familiar with the terms VA and AR as they relate to the Silvio. I can explain how to pressurize and adjust the Kind Shock front suspension, if that would help.

papou

suspensions silvio

~~I just need to know the procedure to lubricate the front susp and how to adjust the back

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Front Kind Shock is sealed so

Front Kind Shock is sealed so no need to lubricate it as far as I know. But it doesn't take a little bit to loose up sometime. Mine use to bottom out at first and stick; That went away after about 3-4 rides. If you haven't used a Shock pump before check the instructions; I thought I knew what I was doing; I did not, and that was part of my problem.

For the rear if the S30 is the same... you can see the details of my assembly in the build diary .

I had to put the elastomer narrow end first

Elastomer%20002.jpg

Then it slide into the frame with just a little effort

InstallRearTriangle%20005.jpg

Lastly I greased the thread of the adjustment disc with Napa Anti-Freeze Grease. (nasty stuff)

To turn the disc if it sticks; use a needle nose pliars; one needle per hole and twist.

PrepFrame%20001.jpg

Haven't seen an S30 so some of this may have been improved

papou

Paris Brest Paris

~~My first patent qualifier for PBP, the 200km is validated since last Saturday. 9:00 stops included (1 h) with Silvio. Next up, the 300 km planned on 19 April.

Happyrider

V?lorizoNormandie

Are you going to the VélorizoNormandie outing this coming weekend? I see you are a member of the Forum du Vélorizontal so you are probably already aware of the outing. If not, you can check it out at:

http://velorizontal.bbfr.net/t19870-8eme-velorizonormandie-aux-portes-de-la-suisse-normande-4-6-avril-2015

I'll be there from Saturday afternoon to Monday with my Vendetta 20. This will only be my 3rd outing on the Vendetta. With a 200 km under your belt, sounds like you are ahead of me on the learning curve.

A bientôt, peut-être

papou

that's it I am qualified for the next paris paris Brest on 16 August. I validated this last weekend patent 600 km. 4 compulsory licenses have gone now, you just keep in shape in the meantime. The silvio behaved as a large and caused me no trouble. It's a perfect bike for those long trips!

papou

My number for paris paris brest is the F152. Departure at 17:15 on Sunday 16 August, up to 90h.