Underseat bag for Vendetta?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I've reached out to these guys http://www.bedrockbags.com to work with them to have a custom template made for the vendetta.
I bet they'd also be willing to make moose pockets should he be inclined give them the idea.
Also looks like they could make a great bag for above the wheel under the seat on a Silvio.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I've reached out to these guys http://www.bedrockbags.com to work with them to have a custom template made for the vendetta.
I bet they'd also be willing to make moose pockets should he be inclined give them the idea.
Also looks like they could make a great bag for above the wheel under the seat on a Silvio.
looks like a good solution ratz but i note they do not have a yellow fabric.... for 160 dollars pretty reasonable. if ordered in numbers could be cheaper too. there goes the retirement to the bahamas.

jond

Zen MBB Master
i have made contact locally in australia with www.bikebagdude.com and they might also be able to create something nice in yellow. check em out. will let you know when i get a reply. they are in the same town as me.

jond

Zen MBB Master
i have made contact locally in australia with www.bikebagdude.com and they might also be able to create something nice in yellow. check em out. will let you know when i get a reply. they are in the same town as me.

yes can do in red/ black or yellow to match. . kedan is a good guy met him today and his lovely wife . will export to america in fact a large proportion of his work is exported to america. kedan uses fully water proof ykk zips and thus suitable for only straight line openings. the work he showed me is first class with high end materials for waterproofing. i feel very happy to have met him and confident of a great simple bag of high standard.

i will take the vendetta over to him and he will make a template . he gave me a similar bag to try on the bike.

no deposit no phone number just trust. a winner here. once i get the bag i will post a photo. anticipate a couple of weeks as kedan is taking a holiday next week :)

BentAero

That yellow bag was a one-off that a guy (Peter?) made for the V owner in Australia. I contacted him last year, but he didn't seem real gung-ho about making any more.
FYI, my black bag gets absolutely filthy when I get caught in the rain, as the rear wheel throws a constant spray of sand/dirt filled water on it. I can't imagine how bad a red or yellow version would look after a season. I'll stick with universal black, thank you.

jond

Zen MBB Master
That yellow bag was a one-off that a guy (Peter?) made for the V owner in Australia. I contacted him last year, but he didn't seem real gung-ho about making any more.
FYI, my black bag gets absolutely filthy when I get caught in the rain, as the rear wheel throws a constant spray of sand/dirt filled water on it. I can't imagine how bad a red or yellow version would look after a season. I'll stick with universal black, thank you.
yes i think too the bag would become quickly soiled even with my race blade mudguard. however from a viz point and aesthetic i think it is worth looking at colour matching. black possibly more practical but still looks shabby when soiled and dirty. i shall just have to wash bike and bag more often. if you contact Kedan ( a most unusual name) you will find him receptive. once i have dropped in with the bike he will have the template. please note i run my rear brake caliper in the standard position and not in the TT position so i will not be filling the entire space with baggage space. additionally i use aero water bottles xlab in the under seat pan so the bag will be limited to frame dimension o/d on width and id everywhere else. will post a photo when done with a price.

Hey Jond, you might want to try moving your brake up to the TT position, so you have more room for the bag. I moved mine recently - I didn't think it would fit but it did. I think it looks a lot cleaner up there too.

Last edited:

ratz

bedrock dead end; even though the website says they do custom stuff; they responded they don't do that any more too busy. I really wish people would keep there websites up to date. Jon keep us posted on www.bikebagdude.com

jond

Zen MBB Master
Hey Jond, you might want to try moving your brake up to the TT position, so you have more room for the bag. I moved mine recently - I didn't think it would fit but it did. I think it looks a lot cleaner up there too.
thanks john. i have been thinking of moving it and i do have some new cables and outers colour matching of course to replace my temp cabling. as ratz advised moving it up is a good idea to open the space. okay i will move the caliper (sram red)and if it works okay i will get a bit bigger bag made up so i can store 8 bars instead of 6 yummo :). i will keep you posted on how it goes. the bike bag dude just does custom work. i wonder what he will make of the v.

When I moved mine I didn't have to re-cable. There was enough slack.

I get about 75% "cool" and 25% "weird" as a reaction to mine. :)

Rat Rider

I have a contact that does bags for recumbents.
If I could get a few hi-rez shots, I could run it by them.

ratz

I have a contact that does bags for recumbents.
If I could get a few hi-rez shots, I could run it by them.
PM me a real world address and I'll foward I have the ones I submitted for the other guys to look at for ball parking.

Remember to NOT forget the good old Silvio V2.0 and above!!!!! for the bag in the triangle!!!!!
I took some small bags out just to see what might fit there. It's smaller than a 3x5" index card. About the largest you'll be able to fit is the size of a small digital camera bag or opera glasses case. That space just isn't very big.

ratz

i will keep you posted on how it goes. the bike bag dude just does custom work

Photos from Jon follow:

Also I believe that's the first photo of a Vendetta with a rain fender on it :confused:

bikebagdudeV 001 copy.jpg bikebagdudeV 002 copy.jpg bikebagdudeV 003 copy.jpg

hamishbarker

Moving the brake to the upper mounting makes more space. I'll post some Photos of it and bungee storage setup (and more fenders!) Soon.

jond

Zen MBB Master
i
Photos from Jon follow:

Also I believe that's the first photo of a Vendetta with a rain fender on it :confused:

View attachment 814 View attachment 815 View attachment 816
could not move the sram red brake without impingement on the frame in the TT position. i tried but was disappointed not to liberate the space. the fender is an sks raceblade front. works well and is available in carbon finish for bling. i accepted orange for side highlighting in traffic but yellow or black fabric is available for the bag. the www.bikebagdude.com has the template and can make a bag like that pictured for you. better to fill the space than not. i am proud to say the vendetta is the fastest bike with mudguards around newcastle :)