Up Mt Tamalpais and back from San Francisco, leisurely 56 miles

AbramClark

Just got back from one of my favorite rides in the Bay Area, from SF, over GG bridge, climbing 2900 feet up Mt Tamalpais, highest point in Marin county, then flying back down. Totaling 56 miles, leisurely ~5.5 hours. I'm Pretty happy with this Quest picture I snapped on the top of the ridge:
2015-10-24 15.08.51.jpg
And here's another view of SF, with the Pacific (when doing a long climb so I'm getting hot and not riding fast, I like taking my shoes off), and a shameless selfie:
2015-10-24 14.41.31.jpg 2015-10-24 15.05.18.jpg

On a side note, yesterday I noticed my front disc brake was starting to rub, and something was floppy in the front. Turns out the axle nuts had worked themselves loose with the torque of the geared front hub. Watch out for this if you have a Quest!

SamP

Guru
Despite living in the Bay Area for about 5 years, I only went up Mt. Tam once, for a hike. I recall that it was a great view up there. I'm not sure I can bike up it in one go. I was actually wondering about biking up Mt. Tam yesterday, not sure when I'll have the opportunity to try it. (I did 45 miles and 3500 feet of climbing, but over two days, on Skyline Drive here in Virginia).

Nice photos.

AbramClark

They're Radical Design Banana medium bags, 27 x 2 liter capacity for both of them. I've got them on all 3 of my Cruzbikes, another medium set on Sofrider, and the Racers on the Silvio :)

AbramClark

@LarryOz oh I only do the slow uphill parts on the bike, and the last little hike up the rocky trail to the fire observatory on top barefoot. No way would I do fast downhill without shoes!