UPDATE ON QUEST

shortbus

Hi all, Ok I have about 100 miles on my quest now and have learned alot, not to mention much more confident. I have went to clip in pedals and replaced the tires with 2.0 x 26 schwalbe Big Apple tires. This is my first time with clip ins and like alot of you have said they make the world of difference. Someone had posted that they make you one with the bike and I find this to be true. The tires improve the ride about 10 times and make the bike much more stable. I really dont notice the bike being any harder to pedal with these babys on either. I drive a semi for my job and the quest breaks down to fit in front of the passenger seat so I can get seat time during my workweek. Not to mention the exercise is good for a fat truck driver.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Nice update!  Glad things are

Nice update! Glad things are progressing well for you.

I think the Quest (and particularly the 451, but the 559 as well) are brilliant bikes because they do break down so nicely. Carrying the bike with you in your truck is brilliant for all sorts of reasons. :)

shortbus

Update

Thanks Charles, I also took your advice about the adjustable stem and it works out great.I think I have it set to about 25 degrees and my seat is all the way back so quite a bit of leg room.I can go short distances now without any hands so I'm definitely progressing a lot.building up the recumbent
legs some too, being able to pull up as well as push down with the clip in pedals is pretty awesome.