Upgrade fork/chainstay for older Vendetta

twhbent

Thank you Cruzbike,Maria,Robert and Jim.
As mentioned by Robert, Cruzbike had something in the works for individuals that was interested in upgrading/changing the front end of their older Vendettas.
After corresponding with Robert I placed my order for a new fork and medium chain stay to upgrade my Vendetta. I also opted for the Ratz recommended X15 BB bearing.
I have received the new parts and have them installed. I followed Ratz V20 build and went smoothy.
I'm amazed at how the steering handling has changed for the better. Much more stable with the lower boom set up. I liked the bike before and I like it even more now if that is possible.
IMG_1098.jpg Before the change over. Notice the horizontal position of the boom as Ratz had mentioned in an earlier post issue with rubbing on the underneath bridge area on the f/d
IMG_1096 (1).jpg The new parts.
IMG_1112.jpg The after install look of the front end.
IMG_1110.jpg The overall look with the medium chain stay and new fork. Notice the lower boom angle with the medium chain stay which has also moved the handle bars away from the rider which allows for an easier exit off the bike.
Will take a bit to fine tune the new fit but couldn't be happier with the results.

Thank you to Maria,Robert,Jim and Cruzbike for making the change over possible.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
NICE! I am pleased this worked. Note to everyone out there - we don't have a zillion of these around so they will be reserved for keeping broken or wildly ill-fit bikes on the road - as opposed to just offering up new stuff to cure upgrade-itis. That is until I have more around to offer.

Robert

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Interesting, if you lower the boom angle does that mean you have less boom drag coefficient ? Why not go the whole way and replace the whole of the front assembly?

twhbent

Interesting, if you lower the boom angle does that mean you have less boom drag coefficient ? Why not go the whole way and replace the whole of the front assembly?
I'm wanting to keep as much of the original yellow look as possible.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I'm wanting to keep as much of the original yellow look as possible.
I have been toying with the idea of buying a new one and use that wonderful yellow coat. But I luv the chrome boom too.

My top speed is pretty good so I will keep it for now. The biggest improvement in the last two months I have found is the motor. It doesn't take so long to recharge and it's back on the open road in next to no time.

The new motor is 10 kilos lighter and the power to weight ratio is much better too. Got it down to 78kg and it feels great!

Just have to remember to put sun block on my lips as they are getting sore with the sun.