V2 vs V.20

endurider

I looked around and could not find specific thread. Could you tell the difference between a V2 and a V20 or point me to a thread that talks about it.

Thanks
Tom

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Major Differences.

1) Colors
2) V2.x = 10 Speed V20 = 11speed
3) V2.x = Large Hollow Boom with fixed mounting. V20 = Silvio inspired boom but much larger diameter that original Silvio, and more adjustable that the V2.x
4) V20 slight improvement in rake and trail for handling
5) V2.x = Fibre Glass / Carbon seat V20 = 100% Carbon Seat
6) V2.x no light mount at end of boom, V20 = light mount fin at end of boom
7) V2.x the small one (very rare) had a different smaller boom. V20 all sizes have the same boom.

I think that is most of it. The V2.x is still a great bike; and usually hard to find used; then usually a steal. The V20 is better and even harder to find used.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Major Differences.

1) Colors
3) V2.x = Large Hollow Boom with fixed mounting. V20 = Silvio inspired boom but much larger diameter that original Silvio, and more adjustable that the V2.x
7) V2.x the small one (very rare) had a different smaller boom. V20 all sizes have the same boom.

I think that is most of it. The V2.x is still a great bike; and usually hard to find used; then usually a steal. The V20 is better and even harder to find used.
Bob, wasn't there a change in the triangle converge to press-fit RD hanger? And cable routing update for FD?

ratz

Bob, wasn't there a change in the triangle converge to press-fit RD hanger? And cable routing update for FD?

8) V20 rev 1 => Press fit derailleur hanger.
9) V20 rev2 => New front derailleur pulley

Thanks Rick you'd think I of all people would have remembered #8 and of course with the wireless V20 rev 2 I built don't have wires I have no mental recall of #9.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
8) V20 rev 1 => Press fit derailleur hanger.
9) V20 rev2 => New front derailleur pulley

Thanks Rick you'd think I of all people would have remembered #8 and of course with the wireless V20 rev 2 I built don't have wires I have no mental recall of #9.
Any pics of the FD pulley? Never seen that update.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Major Differences.

1) Colors

Ratz - You forgot one - maybe the most important one:
imho:
THE V2.X WITH AWSOME LOOKING BOOM - IS THE YELLOWIAT/COOLEST/FASTEST/MEANEST LOOKING OF ALL THE VENDETTA'S, PAST AND PRESENT!!!
... just saying!!!

ratz

This is interesting, was geometry changed for quicker or slower steering input? Sorry for the almost 20 questions:D.

I don't have the details; but you can't put a V20 Fork on a V2.x to get 11 speeds; If I recall Robert tried and it was squirrel going down hill or in corners (was a question I ask a long time back so don't to that as gospil unless he confirms it, but I think it's true)...You also can't use a v20 chainstay to change the size of your v2.x; the because of the fork geometry, and width changes and partly the way it connects together is not compatible.

I assume that geometry tweak was to improve the handling but it also could have been to accommodate the new boom. It wasn't about universal forks because until just now the silvio obviously had a different fork; and that was of course now tweaked to use the V20 layout.

I can say this; each generation I've ridden has been better than the previous; but I'd ride my V2.x in the rain on slippery road and never think twice about it. It's all been evolutionary and probably will continue to be so for awhile. V2.x forward it's all pretty darn subtle. V1.x -> V2.x and Silvio 1.x -> Silvio 2.x was much more drastic based on what's stored in the forum discussion archives.

mzweili

Guru
It's all been evolutionary and probably will continue to be so for awhile.
Evolution is a necessary process, and its traceability is paramount.
Engineering should always follow the rules of ISO 9001, even in a small company, otherwise it will be very difficult to handle spare / replacement parts.
Hoping I'm wrong, but for the moment I have the impression, the whole history of development is only kept in the brains of some individuals.

ratz

Evolution is a necessary process, and its traceability is paramount.
Engineering should always follow the rules of ISO 9001, even in a small company, otherwise it will be very difficult to handle spare / replacement parts.
Hoping I'm wrong, but for the moment I have the impression, the whole history of development is only kept in the brains of some individuals.

Nah I've seen the official logo and branding file for an example.; that and most everything I have ever seen is extremely well documented. If I ask a question I always get a complete and engineering sound answer. There's just not a full time presence here on the forum. Everyone is busy and Robert's pulled a lot of ways. I usually know the answer; and I'm here online all day so I try and answer, but remember (volunteer) so I don't have access to that data directly; just what I recall (creepy brain to the rescue) and can dig up by remembering who said what and approximately when. Without fail Robert will correct me if I'm wrong. So because I'm fast it probably feels really more unofficial and random than it would otherwise. But if you can stump Robert on a spares question I'll be surprised;I've asked some doozies over the years including the required; "come'on that can't be true" now and then. The "how and why" is always provided.

Now where I'd agree with your recent posts, is that even with a small company it would be good to anticipate the "spacer" question and come up with a solution ahead of time. I personally can easily foresee that people would like an upgrade path if possible and boy I'd want to provide one if it was my decision; but the reality is there a tipping point that you are just too small to execute on those things ahead of time; and our favorite bike company is probably still behind that part of the bell curve.

Now to counter that, demand is the other problem, I'll use the carbon seat from the V20 as an example. When that was announce a ton of people said "I want that" , and it's a stellar upgrade that make the bike more comfortable and 1lb lighter. So Maria and company made it available at the cost it takes at these low volumes. I bought 2 of them as upgrades one for a silvio and 1 for a vendetta. I don't think I've heard one other person say they bought the upgrade. If that's the case I have to think that is considered in what upgrades can be planned for. You can't make a $400 fork upgrade that costs $5000 to design if you only will sell 3 of them. Maybe the seats completely different from the drive train/fork; but you get the point.

In my perfect world the Silvio would come in two interchangeable flavors with and with out shock forks. Perhaps some day we get there; but I do prefer the shock-less one, in concept, if there can be only 1 model.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Ratz - You forgot one - maybe the most important one:
imho:
THE V2.X WITH AWSOME LOOKING BOOM - IS THE YELLOWIAT/COOLEST/FASTEST/MEANEST LOOKING OF ALL THE VENDETTA'S, PAST AND PRESENT!!!
... just saying!!!
That's why I kept it and I got the Shimano ultegra 11 speed groupset on it from day one. Awesome bike.