V20 Framekit questions

LMT

Hi

I've received a well packed parcel in the post which is my new V20 framekit - woo hoo! Inspecting the frame everything looks fine but a couple of questions:-

1) There are eight holes in total on the seat pan. I'm guessing the bottom two bolt to the seat stays but what do the other six holes serve? The other six are two on each side and two at the top. I'm guessing the holes on the side are for mounting water bottle cages but what about the two holes at the top?

2) There is a rectangular (about 3 inches by 1.5 inches) shaped thing that is soft to touch with two bolts at either end. Is this what goes in the frame to wedge against the headrest? If so how do you fix it to the frame. Does it seat in the frame with the bolts coming back up thorugh the two holes which you then fasten?

Thanks in advance.

LMT

RE: Point number two, there

RE: Point number two, there are two bolts in total, one bolt either end.

telephd

Guru
Welcome Lee,
1.  With regard

Welcome Lee,

1. With regard to the seat your guess is correct about the holes. The top two holes are meant to fasten the seat to the headrest tubes with the supplied brackets.

2. The rectangular part is the scissor jacks assembly. It fits into the main frame. I have yet to get mine installed as I have too many other projects going now. Please check out my thread Another V20 Build Adventure: http://cruzbike.com/another-v20-build-adventure and see the pics Larry attached. There is also a link to partial build instructions in that reply.

salud,

Hal

LMT

Hi Hal
Thanks for your reply,

Hi Hal

Thanks for your reply, point 2 is resolved.

However fixing the seat to the headrest, I can see how the holes in the seat pan line up with the headrest tubes, but the supplied brackets? I've looked and cannot find any that came with the bike. have you got a photo please of what they look like? And then I can go down the local hardware store and look for something similar.

Lee

LMT

Excellent, many thanks for

Excellent, many thanks for the prompt replies.

Lee

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
You all are so fast with the

You all are so fast with the help it is awesome!

Everyone above is correct. Personally the clamps at the top of the seat are optional but will help keep everything nice and sturdy. They do not need to be clamped down too tightly.

Robert

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
They look like the smaller

They look like the smaller plastic bracket that you get with a standard bike taillight. They aren't strictly needed as the Velcro is sufficient to hold the seat in place. Some of use don't install them so that we can stash a spare tube in the frame. Our Silvio's and Vendetta have the bottom bolts installed but not the tube brackets and we have zero issues.

31UyV6eYXfL.png

jond

Zen MBB Master
they were attached to the carbon seat with tape

hi lee

mine were on the back of the seat taped to the one piece carbon fibre seats.

best wishes jon

telephd

Guru
Lee,  come to find out my

Lee, come to find out my frame kit didnt have the brackets either. I just read on the instructions that is an option. So the pic Bob supplied is as good as my guess. FWIW I have a S30 and only have the bottom of the seat attached to the stays. Ss Bob indicated, the seat is quite secure without attaching the top to the head rest tubes. The only issue I have is when I lift the bike by the seat onto the bike rack the velcro tends to release. Have solved that by grabbing the bike by the frame.

telephd

Guru
After reading Jon's reply I

After reading Jon's reply I went down and checked the seat. Sure enough there are 2 bags taped to the seat. One has screws and nuts and the other the brackets. And they look exactly like the pic Bob provided.

LMT

Almost done, only the chain

Almost done, only the chain and brake/gear cabling to be done.

Does anyone have some torque settings at all? Most pertinent would be the boom clamp, bar clamp and the seat stay clamp.

LMT

The bike

Rides really well, been out for a couple of test runs and have adapted to how the bike rides and feels. Spent a couple of hours Sunday and last night in the local retail park riding around and doing tight, slow figures of eight.

Pulling away is no longer a problem and apart from the odd wobble I'm really liking the new ride. Went up a hill this morning that is about 7% grad and the bike felt solid and it was nice having the bar to hold onto to put more power through the pedals.

Things left to do are:

Change the pedals to Speedplays and set the boom, fine tune the front and rear mechs, replace the rear brake cable with a tandem brake so I can run the outer more closer to the frame.

Sorry about the rubbish pic, I'll take some more when the bike is complete.

Build is Ultegra 10sp throughout, Avid BB7's road disk brakes and Ksyrium Pro disk wheels.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Great pic, nice and

Great pic, nice and clean!

Lee don't be surprised if you find the bike much easier to ride once you put the Speedplays on. The first time I took my Silvio to the parking lot for a test run, I lasted 2 minutes on the platform pedals and then immediately swapped to clipless. It was a whole lot easier for me.