V20 framekit questions

bikette

Hi,
I have purchased a V20 frame :
My question is : I can't set my double front derailleur Dura Ace 7900 since the fixing lug on the V20 is 6mm too far from the chainring.On the Vendetta 1 the lug is 6mm closer.
The only thing I can do is set a triple front derailleur for my compact.
But I have read on the forum that Mwhwsmith has set a double 6800 ultegra front derailleur on his V20 .
How comes he could do that when I can't? Has anybody met with the same problem ?

LMT

Front mech

Should work, some things to check:-

Is the chainset drive side all the way in the BB?

Have you taken both the limit screws all the way out and manually, by hand moved the mech across to see if it will shift to the big ring?

Any cable slack will affect shifting, there is a barrel adjuster on the boom which you can use to eliminate any cable slack that you may have.

jond

Zen MBB Master
perhaps damage in transport??? any signs of damage? perhaps somone with a v20 could give you a measurement but as you say the v2 is 6mm different. guess with a hard enough knock it could be out of alignment and with no paint to flake on the v20 how would you know.....

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
bikette,

Are you saying you have can't get the Front derailleur cage low enough via the braze-on mount for the chain to clear the cage when you are your small front ring?

If so; what size rings are you running; and do you have a photo?

I have an idea of someone here than can help you if that's the case but a photo would confirm the problem