V20 framesset on ebay

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
fishy fishy

I concluded it was fishy when he had no interest and coming here and posting his ad to get more people looking. I didn't mention this thread. I was thinking theft of some sort. I wonder if anyone ordered a V and didn't get it. It's clear from the box that the it was a recent shipment. Could be that is was, orderd by a relative that passed away, gift from family that wasn't wanted etc etc. But knowing Cruzbike; if you got a brand new one you didn't need wouldn't you just as if you could return it? Something just doesn't smell right. It's not like these thing are sitting stuck in inventory.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I think the new V20 frame is

I think the new V20 frame is designed to cover a wider range of Xseams than V2.0
Although, if memory serves me correctly, there is still a "large" size available.
Robert can probably confirm this???

Robert already did. There are still 3 sizes for the Vendetta.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Fishy

"I concluded it was fishy when he had no interest and coming here and posting his ad to get more people looking."
Could be the case. It is the time of year where UPS and FedEx trucks are followed so that parcels can be picked from porches. I'd like to think this sale is legit, but it is odd. The person who buys a Cruzbike has probably spent time on the site and ordered it because he or she really wanted one.

There is a chance that Santa Claus really does exist and that he's delivering V20's at random. :)

But really, the seller could have sold the V20 in a heartbeat here. I'm not in the market but several people probably are.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"Might have worked to just be

"Might have worked to just be more up front."
Yes, stating that "I don't ride recumbents" carries a different tone than due to an injury, I am not able to ride a recumbent .

Secondly: I need to find a side-job that pays me in Cruzbike Vendettas and related components.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Will Work for Vendetta

will_work_for_v20.jpg height:470px;

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Will Work for Vendetta Haha

Will Work for Vendetta
Haha - Good laugh of the day! Thanks Andrew!

You're going to need a bigger cup, if you expect a walker-byer to drop his spare Vendetta in there Andrew!

Edit: Great Photo'chopping BTW!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
If it were mine to sell...

I still would have advertised it here instead. Why let ebay dip into your potential profits?

But if it were really mine, I wouldn't sell it at all. I'd be riding!

ratz

Well much to do about

Well much to do about nothing.

---deleted quoted content---

Huh well there you go there's your truth. Might have worked to just be more up front. Many of use would be interested in the frameset especially under those conditions; which would make us even less likely to try to get a deal. So if not widening the audience here was the goal, that's cool you've succeeded one less person interested. I'm glad I was able to entertain you Mr V.

It's not a fabrication of a lie in an absence of facts. It was a flawed conjecture; I can own that and sleep just fine.

richa

Maybe I'm slow

FWIW, the thing still seems fishy to me.

Seller says "Thought I'd give the V another try but its not working with my physical attributes. The framset is listed at a lower price than the MSRP cost, it is new, never unpacked the same as what is being sold direct."

Given it's never been unpacked it wasn't tried so how could he know "it's not working with my physical attributes"?

And the comments about wrapping it up and putting it into storage" also seem strange to me.

Rich

ratz

Community, Responsibility, and Skeptisim

So here's the thing; I don't like to give run to these sorts threads when they go side ways, and people might not always like to own their words; but if you put it in writing then you have to own what you say. I don't mind people being critical of what I post. But even in this anonymous online world people must take responsibility for what they send other people, once you write it; ti's forever no take backs. If you have a problem with what I say; then tell me; but tell me openly; not in a drive by personal message. Moose tells me when I'm wrong, sometimes he's right, and I respect him. I probably have to write another moose was "almost right" threads in a few weeks; I'm dreading it already. :) But Dropping "fabricated lies" and "entertaining to watch people" into a message frankly isn't going to invite me to be a supporter; I've been on the internet since before it was called the internet and it always had this snipper problem even in place of great community.

In the last year we've seen a rash of bike thefts; and even here in our small community we have had one bike stolen from one member and that same bike then sold to yet another member. Only by the graces of the Cruzbike company allowed both people to come out nearly whole.

I have no problem with having called this sale fishy at first given what we knew at the time. The bike appeared on ebay; a world market that as a percentage has a very small percentage of customers looking for a MBB bike. Meanwhile, here, we have a HUGE percentage of people looking for these bikes. Many have waited months and months for them to ship. That group would likely buy the frame for the best possible price to the seller.

I know Larry has been madly trolling ebay for deals, because we've been reviewing back and forth between ourselves figuring out what were good and honest deals. So it made sense that Larry would stumble upon it on ebay, but not know anything else about it. For this thread, we had no indication the seller have already dealt with Larry. Knowing that is a huge plus, while new here Larry has quickly established his persona as a madman Cruzbike enthusiast/I ain't racing against him guy.

So when the seller was asked why not sell it here or promote the sale here which makes clearly the most sense; and the response we get is I'm selling it on ebay and someone will get a great deal... We go Hmmmmm. Why the avoidance of the target rich audience. So we got protective and demonstrated our healthy skepticism, mixed with some humor. We protect our community just in case. We didn't decry the selller that person didn't post here; we commented on Larry's find as possibly too good to be true.

Frankly, the best approach is to come here pimp the sale and see if an enthusiast can help recoupe nearly all the original cost. Not wanting to do that does not make logical sense to us and it sets off our alarms. I still find that odd, since the seller clearly knew of the forum since 2011 by user account dates. Perhaps something went down in the past we don't know. Leaving bike forums for 2 year doesn't happen on accident. And posting a message and closing it by saying I'm not coming back is also somewhat interesting; a hard finality to take back.

I'm still disappointed that I got a raspberry in the form of a PM that wasn't need; I don't understand it; but I also find nothing deserving of privacy in the way it was done. Worst thing I did was not tell the seller of this thread on the off chance that it was truly fishy. Awareness of this thread on it's own would be the counter proof I was looking and not something to point out.

No one attacked the seller; we just where strongly suspicious. At the prices these thing go for, details help even if people don't want to tell them; in general those question will get asked.

So tell the tale here; We are then quickly proven wrong and can get behind the sale; and spread the word for a seller. Tons of us our recovering from injuries that drove us off traditional bikes. Now that we know what's gone down; I say we get behind the sale and find that bike a great home; darn thing is brand new and it deserves a good home.

I'm deleting my previous quoted content because it has run it's course, but this opinion stands for what it is; this was odd from the get go. The actual situation forcing the sale is unfortunate; I hope the bike fetches within a few bucks of what it cost new since it is new. In the end it really sucks that we lost another rider.

apologies for what I'm sure are a bunch of typos which I endlessly torture all of you with.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Larry, thanks for clarifying

Larry, thanks for clarifying the whole story.
"I am tempted to buy if from him just to help him out, in hopes that someone at some point would either buy if from me, or maybe have me build it out for them. "
I like this idea and a two-year layaway plan. ;-)

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Repacking the Frame

All Cruzbikes seem to be so well packed in a very particular manner that repacking them to original specifications is an art. I can, however, pack a Sofrider or Quest perfectly. :)

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Foam instead of bubble

I would suggest going to an office supply store and getting a small roll of cohesive foam to repack the frame. Cohesive foam only sticks to itself. If cohesive isn't available, plain foam with tape will work.

There is a reason the frame was originally wrapped in foam instead of bubble. Bubble can be abrasive to paint. Foam isn't.

Advice from a packaging materials salesman of 18 years...

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
From the looks of it, I do

From the looks of it, I do not think he actually unwrapped the frame or the components, just unpacked everything from the box.
It would take a magician to pack it all back up. It appears to have those foam packets that may actually placed, filled, inside the box and conform to whatever the product is. (I am sure there a fancy work for it).
Anyway - My guess is the painted frame parts are all save.
at
Come on you know you want one - The auction ends at 4:43pm today.
Wait - I have an idea - everyone on this forum... paypal me $100... and go I'll go and buy it, build up an "ultimate" V20 racing machine... put you name on it somewhere as a co-sponsor, and go race it for the group.. ok ... waking up now... :)

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"Everyone on this forum...

"Everyone on this forum... paypal me $100... and go I'll go and buy it, build up an "ultimate" V20 racing machine... put you name on it somewhere as a co-sponsor, and go race it for the group."

That's not a bad idea, BUT turning it into a raffle would be the icing on the cake. Most folks would take a chance at winning the ultimate racing V20.

carnal

Ok so if I have a 40in xseam

Ok so if I have a 40in xseam is this medium framed V20 a good fit? What about
the various chainstay extensions? Does this give choices for crank height.

Maybe it works like this-- I order a medium & I get the middle of the road chainstay ext of 496mm? Is this correct?

It's all so very confusing!

I think I'd NOT bid on this but you never know. I like yellow & chrome much better & I think I'd rather have suspension

?V20 specs:

Crank (BB) Height 780mm (shortest x-seam) to 660mm (longest x-seam);
Shortest fitting x-seam 915 mm (36")
Longest fitting x-seam 1295mm (51") (possibly more, subject to testing)

sizing

Comes in three sizes
Large: Chainstay 584 mm
Medium: Chainstay 496 mm
Small: Chainstay 410 mm

A VERY HAPPY Freerider owner that happened to find a GREAT 1/2 price DEAL