V20 framesset on ebay

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I'm not quite 5' 7" with

I'm not quite 5' 7" with about a 29" inseam and about a 40" xseam and the medium Vendetta fits me very well. I can plant both feet flat on the ground with wiggle room to spare when in the seat.

I think the trickiest adjustment for shorter folks like me is with the headrest rather than anything else on the bike. Some trimming of the TFT (Telescoping Front Tube) will be necessary for shorter riders. On the Vendetta 2 you trim the slider. I think it is reversed for the V20, not sure.

-Eric

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Alan's V20 sold for $2000.
OK

Alan's V20 sold for $2000.
OK - so who is the lucky winner!!!
Come forward for your applause

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
That's one heck of a great

That's one heck of a great price on a brand new V20!

Larry or is it Oz now? Us oldtimers get used to your handle just at the time you change it :)!

dieselJosh

Ebay is A-OK.

Ebay is a logical choice for selling things. Whilst I've never bought a bike off of ebay, I would feel very comfortable doing so. I have sold two bikes on Ebay. And as a seller of a fair amount of rare valuable fragile items over the years, Ebay remains a natural choice. As a buyer, I would always prefer the assurances one can get via Ebay versus a sale conducted solely on a message board; particularly with what is to me a big ticket expensive item such as a highly coveted and in demand bicycle.

I hope the seller and buyer were completely uninfluenced by this thread.

Ebay remains a great place to buy something like a pre-sold unused Vendetta frameset, because the buyer has a money-back guarantee that the item arrives as described. The seller also gets the widest possible exposure for their item, meaning more bidders and a greater likelihood of a fair market value sale.

A person might wonder whether somebody was badmouthing a particular auction in order to dissuade other bidders from making bids, and therefore allowing for the item to be won at a lower amount. Whilst I don't think anything like this was going on in this thread, it is a consideration to bear in mind when dealing with any auction of a rare piece of kit.

Happy cycling, everybody!

LarryOz

Sorry on the name change Rick

I guess that is a dirty trick to play on ya'll!
My nickname has always been Oz, because of my last name "Oslund".
I should have started it as Oz if I wanted to maintain some anonymity (hope I spelled that right?), but obviously my cover is blown at this point...so .....

I'll change it back. :)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Larry you dirty dog! So if

Larry you dirty dog! So if someday we meet up for a ride, what do i call you Larry or Oz?

Anyway...I've sold half dozen recumbent bikes over the past 3 years on BROL classifieds with no problem whatsoever...and to me the biggest audience is BROL classifieds because it has the worlds biggest audience of recumbent riders. Most of my sells were within 12 hours of exposure. If I were to buy a recumbent, I will look there first and never on eBay. I've been scammed a couple times on eBay. Not saying eBay bad or anything like that, as I purchase a lot of chit off eBay. This is only my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

I've seen the same thing over at BROL as what happen here on this thread when a seller has chosen eBay and not posted on BROL...I've read about eBay bike sell scams on BROL....these recumbent communities are pretty tight and protective over their own which is good to have.

The best advice I have for what's it's worth is if you choose eBay to sell your bike, post over on one of the recumbent communities with a link to it, with a good description, plenty of photos, and it's always a good idea to say why you are selling.

I completely understand why some of the members became suspicious of the eBay listing. It's not everyday you see a brand new unboxed Vendetta show up for sale on eBay. It presents a lot of questions obliviously. But in the end it looks like it all got worked.

I feel bad for Alan not being able to enjoy such an amazing bike and happy for the new owner that will!

EDIT: I would also go as far to say, if not for this thread the bike may not have sold or met the reserve. There are way more lookers on this forum than there are posters.

LarryOz

Thanks Eric for that

Thanks Eric for that endorsement about Alan.
I feel I can come forward now and let the group know a "little" more of this "fishy" story and take full blame for the "mysteriousness" that this thread became shrouded in.
Brief history is that I posted some questions about low-racers over on BROL some time ago. Just curious, etc. Alan contacted me "unsolicited" and wrote me some very thoughtful and insightful information about lowracers.
About a week later he emailed me and said he had a V20 frame for sale and a RENN "non-drive" full disc wheel (turns out to be one from the same batch that Maria and Jim bought from). They are rare and not too many made apparently. I told Alan I wish he had contacted me about the V20 frame a month earlier, and that I had just ordered one and was expecting it any day. But I did purchase the RENN disc from him at a great price. I paid with paypal, and 3 days later I had a beautiful (new) RENN disc as advertised. I also urged him to put the V20 in the Cruzbike forum, and I offered to post the link to the ebay auction for him. That is what started this whole mess.
I feel bad for Alan that his feelings where hurt due scrutiny that this Cruzbike thread put him under.
I hold nothing against any of you that commented on this thread either - the comments where not really malicious in nature, or really aimed at hurting anyone specifically.
I have no doubt this V20 frame is brand new, and I can vouch for Alan that he is legit and trustworthy.
I am tempted to buy if from him just to help him out, in hopes that someone at some point would either buy if from me, or maybe have me build it out for them.
But, I already have a V2.0, and a new V20 frame to build out. I think my lovely wife might play the "pick Cruzbikes or me" card, and can't have that happening now can I? :) She already thinks I am crazy or at the very least, obsessed. (no comments from the peanut gallery- thank-you).
In all seriousness, if anyone out there reading this thread wants a new V20 frame at close to 70% of it's original cost, contact Alan. If it where me, I would even persuade him to cancel the auction since the reserve is not met, and make a deal with him. That will save him 10% on the ebay selling fee.
Ok - nuff said - back to obsessing over this V20 frame and how to paint it up!

telephd

Guru
I pulled the trigger on the V20!

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I pulled the trigger on the V20. I emailed Allen early on in the listing and read this thread. I was a little wary at first but when he let me know the reserve price I figured why not? I placed a reserve price bid plus $1 when the auction was at $1650 and figured if it was meant to be......and so it was.

I really thought I wanted to upgrade my Silvio 1.0 to a 2.0 first but then I took another drink of the koolaid and thought Vendetta. Though there are some design improvements over previous versions I thought I wanted the snazzy yellow V 2.0 as Im not that partial to red. Now I need to read up on the V20 build threads and figure out a groupset! Wooohoo ;-)

My wife is going to insist that I thin out the bent herd as Ive got quite a collection going and Im going to have to finance the V20 build.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Mr V. (Alan) is legit and

Mr V. (Alan) is legit and used to be heavily involved with HPV racing but his last crash on his Nocom left him very bitter about the whole thing.

I've never met Alan in person but swapped some emails back in late 2012 when he was selling his Vendetta V1 after his racing crash.

He did share some photos of his gardening with me while discussing some of the trials and tribulations of life and our respective knee surgeries. I don't know how good his HPV racing prowess was but the man is a gardening genius.

From my exchanges with him I found him to be a decent person with some very interesting life stories about his racing and his professional life.

-Eric

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Congrats on your new V20

You've got a crackin' deal on a great 'bent. Now if you can convince the seller to ship via bikelfights.com, you can cut those shipping costs in half.

Be sure to post photos as you get on with your build. :)

LarryOz

Congrats Hal on your new V20

You might just have the "deal of the year" there!