V20 to Austria (-minus 5 degrees, Winter....)

Freygeist

Yesssss!
I started my Vendetta career yesterday afternoon! It was incredible! Took me 30 seconds to ride with some wobbling around! After 30 minutes I was "cruising" the V20 with 35 km/h and did some donuts, eights, and even ascends (5%)! (but no clickies...thats tommorows goal)

Its just an incredible beauty, with a pretty nice set up:
Shimano Ultegra Di2,
Shimano Disc Brakes,
Fulcrum Racing Wheels
Schwalbe Durano 28mm!
Seems to work perfectly, after the first 90 min of riding!
I'm totally stoked....!
Unfortunately its getting colder and colder, with some snow....

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hey Freygeist, I bet you got the white knuckles? Austrian roads are incredible but be careful in the wet. Best to go a little slower.

The Vendetta is a most fabulous bike ... enjoy.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Welcome Freygeist - good job. Nothing too it, a little practice and you're on your way!

Pictures of your ride please, as Charles would say, "it didn't happen unless you post a picture":D.

Freygeist

Hi Guys, txs for the warm welcome! Last day of riding for a while here in Vienna! Tomorrow its snowing, then down to -8 degrees...!
So i started chasing some strava segments today (first time with clickies) got me up to 52,1 km/h pics eill follow as the size is too big for the server...! Chaka

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 24

DavidCH

Hi Guys, txs for the warm welcome! Last day of riding for a while here in Vienna! Tomorrow its snowing, then down to -8 degrees...!
So i started chasing some strava segments today (first time with clickies) got me up to 52,1 km/h pics eill follow as the size is too big for the server...! Chaka
That's pretty good going! And its only going to get better

Freygeist

Minus 3 degree today in vienna, without windchill at a top speed of 52,5 ! That's an gorgeous and incredible bike, i just love it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    994.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    754.5 KB · Views: 32

DavidCH

Minus 3 degree today in vienna, without windchill at a top speed of 52,5 ! That's an gorgeous and incredible bike, i just love it!!!
Objects of desire.... The Shimano 6870 brifters to me are more interesting than disc brakes, my biggest irritation with disc brakes on road tyres is that they skid quite easily. Love the brifters; wouldn't mind them on the next build. Guess its a light touch and not so much travel with the levers to engage the gears and really nice thin cables to deal with?

So if you were without wind chill, then either you were in an astronaut's costume or the wind was behind you going perhaps 48kph?

When I go out in below 10c I have to put a scarf over my throat. I have some happy memories of Austria. Lovely lakes and picture postcard towns heading towards the Bavarian mountains.

The V really gets a lot of attention. I recently put some aero bullhorns on and now more people take photographs of her. A fabulous bike. I don't like anyone else riding her; not for possession but for their safety.;):rolleyes:

Freygeist

Objects of desire.... The Shimano 6870 brifters to me are more interesting than disc brakes, my biggest irritation with disc brakes on road tyres is that they skid quite easily. Love the brifters; wouldn't mind them on the next build. Guess its a light touch and not so much travel with the levers to engage the gears and really nice thin cables to deal with?

So if you were without wind chill, then either you were in an astronaut's costume or the wind was behind you going perhaps 48kph?

When I go out in below 10c I have to put a scarf over my throat. I have some happy memories of Austria. Lovely lakes and picture postcard towns heading towards the Bavarian mountains.

The V really gets a lot of attention. I recently put some aero bullhorns on and now more people take photographs of her. A fabulous bike. I don't like anyone else riding her; not for possession but for their safety.;):rolleyes:
....sorry, I meant i don't know how cold it really was with the windchill at this speed! but it was chilly!!! Will check out how it works with the discs....

Freygeist

Welcome Freygeist - good job. Nothing too it, a little practice and you're on your way!

Pictures of your ride please, as Charles would say, "it didn't happen unless you post a picture":D.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    748.3 KB · Views: 37