V20 with a Thor seat? What’s the story?

Terry Ulmer

What is the new seat angle degree?
Does it depend on what size THOR seat you buy?
Where can I acquire one ?
Did I miss anything I don’t know ?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Still waiting for my Thor seat to arrive on the boat from Poland. I sure hope this cures my seat issues.
I always find I need to add lumbar support to all my recumbent seats and extra padding for the shoulders. Then I am very happy. Happy as Larry

Terry Ulmer

Let me know how that goes Winded. I'm fighting with myself on which one to get the V20 with Thor seat or S40.
OK who has some Strava segments on their new S40?

I'm waiting for my Thor seat also for my T50. One month wait so far, how long have you waited?

Mark
Have faith. Mine took 25 days to arrive in Ohio. There was a long pause in the tracking. I was worried, but Greg wrote me:
Hi Mythew,
Wysłano z polski mean was sended from Poland.
In last 2 months i saw the USPS have big problem with actual progress. All seats was delivered but USPS not changing status.
I conot do nothink with USPS and its still only one way cheaper to send somethink to US.
Do not worry in 3 years i have 100% delivered. We must waiting.

Best wishes and keep warm,
Greg from TC

rx7mark

Guru
Yep, Greg just gave me basically the same response. LOOKING forward to the new seat and Ventitist pad!

Mark

Winded Lowrider

Thor seat is currently being processed through US customs. Week 4. Thinking a seat angle of 25 degrees might suit me. Rubber block is waiting to be cut. I wonder what tool to cut it with...hacksaw?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Thor seat is currently being processed through US customs. Week 4. Thinking a seat angle of 25 degrees might suit me. Rubber block is waiting to be cut. I wonder what tool to cut it with...hacksaw?
I used the radial arm saw and a really good blade.

Jesse Groves

I used a hacksaw; just keep in mind that you really don't need to cut it to the exact dimensions that Ratz gave in his write-up; just get it close and it will probably be good enough. In fact, I think it would be impossible to do perfectly with a hacksaw.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I used a hacksaw; just keep in mind that you really don't need to cut it to the exact dimensions that Ratz gave in his write-up; just get it close and it will probably be good enough. In fact, I think it would be impossible to do perfectly with a hacksaw.

Very true, I made several all slightly different and they all work the drawing is actually the average of several that worked to split the difference

rx7mark

Guru
My seat showed up last week, while I was out of town. In perfect condition and very well wrapped and protected.

Total shipping time 5.5 weeks.

Now I have some work to do to get it mounted on my T50.

Mark

rx7mark

Guru
FYI, I just started a new thread in the T50 forum with pictures and details of my Thor seat on the T50.

Mark

Winded Lowrider

I'm riding the new Thor seat. Works very well. The Thor seat changes the equation for me and makes the V20 the bike it should be strait from the factory. I'm still tweaking the mounts...there is an annoying hollow rattling sound over bumps that I'd like to eliminate.
When I get a chance I will write up a full report

Bruce B

"there is an annoying hollow rattling sound over bumps that I'd like to eliminate".

Also check that portion of the rear brake cable that passes through the frame for the rattle.

Leif

I'm riding the new Thor seat. Works very well. The Thor seat changes the equation for me and makes the V20 the bike it should be strait from the factory. /QUOTE]

Amen to that!

...there is an annoying hollow rattling sound over bumps that I'd like to eliminate.
When I get a chance I will write up a full report
When I was fitting my Thor seat, I accidentally dropped a washer into the frame through one of those big holes under the back part of the seat. Made a similar rattling sound. Had to tip the bike up on the back wheel and jiggle it around until it finally dropped out.

-Leif