Vendetta arrived work in progress

Bruce B

Especially if that thing you hit is unmarked two inch deep fresh chip seal gravel and warm tar/oil underneath. I have mastered the 24mph to 0mph sprint; none are faster; than me :eek:[/QUOTE]

That must have left a mark!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Very nice. I've always liked Rick's version of this and yours is looking good too. Hope you have a pic of your upper body and head position on the stock seat/headrest that us other short people can compare side by side with you on your new setup?

DuncanWatson

Rick, thank you for your detailed notes and pictures.

I will finalize the seat tomorrow afternoon and over the weekend. I may get the headrest done this weekend. I am considering a strut like Rick did to keep the bag from drooping too. When I am complete I will post pictures and video for all to see and criticize ;-)

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Duncan, nice bike. I don't understand why do you use so long head tube/extender? I had to make it as short as possible on my V20 to view over handlebars.

DuncanWatson

Duncan, nice bike. I don't understand why do you use so long head tube/extender? I had to make it as short as possible on my V20 to view over handlebars.
The next change will be to lower the head tube. This is the way it came from Rat Rider. It did make it easier to learn but it will get dropped down later.

VenRiderGuy

Here is my Vixen. I am going to hold off on the headrest for a while, I have had enough of drilling.
Vendetta with Seatbag by Duncan Watson, on Flickr

Duncan, if not too much trouble, I would really love seeing a comparison photo showing the original seat as compared to your new seat.....maybe holding the old against the new. I'm curous as to how much higher in the back the new seat is as compared to the original seat......if not too much trouble.....thanks. Your bike is looking good!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Yea I second VenRider's request. Really like that seat too. What is your seat cushion made of and who makes it? Any pictures of the 'dense rubber for firmer fit' and how you shaped it?

DuncanWatson

Bbmracing@yahoo.com makes the zotefoam pad I use. That one came off my raptobike, I have one on order with yellow inserts. I will take pictures with the seats next to each other tomorrow.

I took Vixen for a ride to Redmond today. I wanted to test out my commute. The ride was great, I had no trouble getting to the trail. I chased a roadie for a bit going 23 then let him go and paced another guy at 19.5 or so for about 5 miles. Hit trail congestion and took it easy for a while and turned around. Rode back into the wind having a blast. Given my current fitness that was quite good.

I took Vixen over chipseal to compare the feel vs the raptobike and it was very good. Just a bit of buzz vs the bumpy feeling on 20“ rims. Vixen also likes climbing though some of that may be the higher gearing.

I love my bike

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I had a nice commute in this morning. I also found that my Vixen is easy to carry up stairs. Just put the boom over your shoulder and lift. It feels very much like moving an upright bike.
We need an over/under on how long that bar tape stays yellow; and man your bike is going to be in HR by the end of the month complaining about the lack of ergonomics in it's office cube.