Vendetta finally tested

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Yes you will. With the components you have described you will need an inline adjuster.
Thanks. I would except that there are adjusters in cable stops on the frame, because my configuration is pretty same as that what you can buy from Cruzbike.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Thanks. I would except that there are adjusters in cable stops on the frame, because my configuration is pretty same as that what you can buy from Cruzbike.
i can only speak for the v2 but there are some excellent build diaries here eg from eric winn ratz and larry O. an adjustor is supplied for front mech adjustment for the vendetta. from memory the sram x - 5 definitely and i think x-7 level actually comes with an adjustor too and is fitted at the cable stop of the rear mech. i fitted one to my sram xo and xx rear mechs rather than an inline adjustor as personally find the rear mech position to my liking. i have found all the inline cable adjustors tend to gum up with sweat and gunk and it is easier to "fix" the adjustor at the rear mech despite it being more vulnerable to damage/grime etc.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Front Deraileur adjuster is on the boom. There isn't one on the frames for the drive wheel. Road components will have the adjuster on the Drive wheel Derailleur. MTB stuff will not. You can add an inline anywhere without compromising the integrity of your controls. It's rather handy to have one inline on the cable by the handlebars for tweaking on the fly; but that's just an opinion. I sneak an extra one in on the bars for our cables based bikes. For Di2; fortunately those adjusters aren't needed.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I am sorry, I know that same question was asked few days back, but I cannot find it.
How to use this part?
image.jpg

I was looking for Eric Winn's thread with photos of building of V2.0, but I cannot find it. Is this thread here on new forum?

I was thinking that I know everything about building V20, but now it arrived and I realized that there are some differences from v2.0 for what cruzbike has manual.

Cruzbiker

I have a pair of Sunringle 559 wheels, 24 bladded spokes, with Schwalbe Ones. They are really fast.
For commuting I run the original 461 wheels with Maxxis Detonators; nothing special.
I have bought mine at www.xxcycle.com. At the time I bought them this was the cheapest store.

Why I got the Ones? Well, some beach roads here in Rio de Janeiro close on sundays for leisure. There is one stretch were some roadies go very early sunday morning to practice.
I am not a speed adict; randoneuring is what I like. But I do quite enjoy going there with my fast tires, get in the middle of the fastest peloton and ride with them for some time. It is very funny to see the guys glancing back at me sticked at their rear wheels. Never tried to lead the peloton though.

jond

Zen MBB Master
stone the crows i am a stunned mullet matej fair suck of the sav matej you smart dunny rat good on ya mate you did it :), bwedy, bonzer, worth bottlin mate ,she's alright mate,bloody eureka, stonkin, fully sick, wicked,bangin like a dunny door, strewth that is fat, deadset fair dinkum dinki di ridgey didge ripper legend bike, time for a shrimp on the barbie and give it a burl. too right ya will be up at the sparras fart on the V, with the good oil here you will be going off full as a goog and flat chat, chocka full mate you come good mate, Bob's yor uncle, you will be flat out like a lizard drinkin ridin so much. no unco bust ya balls.

merry chrissy in july alright matej. far out brussel sprout. lets ride.

matej what i am saying in aussie slang is well done matej and congratulations on a great bike. enjoy.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
One more question. How to fit bottle cages under seat? I cannot fit it because there is not enough space, bottle cage and bottle is in conflict with frame. I can use longer screws and some spacers to put cage far from seat, but it does not make sense. Are holes drilled in correct place?

Bruce B

I believe the holes are in the correct place in order to be able to retrieve the bottles from the cages while riding.

IMG_0325---.jpg

Using 4 washers and a longer bolt at each attachment point has provided adequate clearance of the cage from the frame on my V20. The reflection you see gives the illusion of 8 washers.

Because the outer diameter of the washers is 25mm the cages are secure.

jond

Zen MBB Master
One more question. How to fit bottle cages under seat? I cannot fit it because there is not enough space, bottle cage and bottle is in conflict with frame. I can use longer screws and some spacers to put cage far from seat, but it does not make sense. Are holes drilled in correct place?
yes as per ratz aero bottle cages work well and will make you .0001% faster . now i can remove my seat pan to get to the frame held spare tyre tubes without touching the paint work with the bottle cage. i do no longer use the location bolts on the seat pan.