Vendetta seat?

jond

Zen MBB Master
a
My knitting machine is an old school brother with rudimentary digital capability. You code in 10 stitches at a time using binary and a bank of LEDs. Massive pain. I do high end color work knitting when I have the time. This piece is an original design that I hand knit. It's doubleknit rather than stranded. View attachment 603
amazing she is so life like :) seriously nice scarf. very smart.and a labour of love i would imagine.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Brother Dream Machine. Model# XV8500D. Been consider awesome recumbent themed warms to where to events. Missing piece is away to get from illustrator to brother format without super expensive software.

hamishbarker

Ahh, forget what I posted - I thought you were referring to a knitting machine model number not your embroidery machine.

Pretty funny thread - apologies for the hijacking.

@ratz google adafruit electro knit.
if it uses the old brother floppy disc drive, it may possible to connect via a low cost usb dongle, use computer to emulate brother drive, and use some free software to generate the brother code to paste into files before reloading to the machine.

https://learn.adafruit.com/electroknit/overview

Brother Dream Machine. Model# XV8500D. Been consider awesome recumbent themed warms to where to events. Missing piece is away to get from illustrator to brother format without super expensive software.

Last edited:

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Gotta say, arduino boards and illustrator conversion files I understand in this crowd.

But potters and high-end, custom double knit scarves puts a layer on this tribe I wouldn't have predicted.
I think if you were all in the same place when the zombie apocalypse starts, you'll survive.

Maybe I'll start a new thread in the community section - so as not to totally derail this thread.

Rat Rider

I contacted the seat dude (thorseats) and tried to get him to make a wide shoulder seat that can be leaned way back. The two seat bottoms (he makes) feature a turned up end and a flatter end. The latter one being more appropriate for lower angles. I want for more shoulder support and add a piece to my other bike seat at the shoulder. His design seems to incorporate this already. The one below would not do well at a very low angle, unless the nose was trimmed.

Carier-seat.jpg

Last edited:

unc99

Rat, will be interested to see what response you get. I bought the seat you pictured for my Silvio 2.0, and as you suspected it just did not work due to the upturned front end. I did, however, like the extra shoulder support.

Rat Rider

He said he may make a seat like the one above designed for a more reclined rider - eventually. The guy makes a seat that is designed for recline, but it is more or less like the other seats available. I remember thinking the prices were pretty good. Can't say anything else about it, since I do not have any experience.

Hurry up and wait...

Last edited: