Vendetta V1.5 for sale in Ontario

van haaften

Selling after a few years of ownership. This bike is too fast for me.

Medium chain stay, SRAM Force Carbon group installed.

Some scrapes and dents on brifters and rear derailleur from some spills, all functioning perfectly.

Frame is in excellent shape with a few chips on the chain stay and a small modification to the boom where it attaches to the head set to gain a little more cockpit space.

Asking $2600 Canadian for the entire bike or $2000 for the frame set.

Pictures are here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/vanHaaften2503/Vendetta?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaB3uCNuI-_0wE

Can also email me at:

vanhaaften@cogeco.ca

A nice bike for a nice price,eh?

Marty

hamishbarker

What does "too fast" mean? Is it so efficient that you are not getting enough exercise, or do you prefer something with suspension and/or fatter tires for rough surfaces in your cycling area?

As a vendetta 1.5 owner, I can honestly say that whoever gets this deal will enjoy it if they enjoy going fast, or easy, in comfort. The only modification I've done to mine since I bought it from Kim Tolhurst was to slip one extra layer of 10mm closed cell foam into the back pad in the lumbar region.

This one seems to have 175mm cranks. Looks like a nice light groupset. Ouch about the derailleur gouges, hope no skin was lost when that happened!

Good luck with the sale!

van haaften

Thanks for your comments Hamishbarker. "too fast" means that I still am not entirely comfortable with the control of the Vendetta. It is indeed comfortable and capable of high speeds but I don't trust my self to be able to control it if say a car were to force me on to the shoulder or similar situation. I have read all of the encouraging postings about learning to ride the bike and have become quite good but still feel very nervous when riding. I can't picture ever clipping in like I do with my other bikes.

As far as the damage to the derailleur, that was done by the previous owner (two speed bumps and some gravel) and it resulted in a broken femur! The bike actually protected the rest of his body! My spills all occurred on the first two outings and were at a very slow speed. Only my pride was hurt. Hmm, this paragraph probably won't help the sale.

Moving the boom out just that little extra bit allows me to sit up quickly without hitting my sternum on the handle bar clamp. The integrity of the clamp system is not compromised.

The frame set can be purchased separately. I really like the groupset with the 175 mm cranks.

I will continue to ride the Vendetta until it sells and who knows? I may remove the add. For now its a great deal for a lucky bent cyclist.

Marty

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
"too fast" means that I still am not entirely comfortable with the control of the Vendetta. It is indeed comfortable and capable of high speeds but I don't trust my self to be able to control it if say a car were to force me on to the shoulder or similar situation. I have read all of the encouraging postings about learning to ride the bike and have become quite good but still feel very nervous when riding. I can't picture ever clipping in like I do with my other bikes.

I can kind of relate. I've had my Q451 a little over a year, ridden about 500 miles, and I still don't feel comfortable clipping in. I tried it after a couple of months of getting used to the bike, because some of the guys here said it helped them with stability and control. However, after several rides--including a dead-flat 20-miler with practically no traffic--I was still terribly nervous being clipped in. I switched to pinned pedals like you have on the V, and liked that much better. I have good control of the Q now, but I'm sticking with my platform pedals.

OTOH, with only six weeks/175 miles of ride time on the Silvio 1.5 this spring, I was eager to try it with clipless pedals. I've had no problems whatsoever.

Maybe you could find someone with an older Silvio who wants an upgrade and work out a frame set trade?

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
You should try it. The bike is much more comfortable and easier to handle using clipless pedals.

Just remember to unclip when you stop. :D

Eric is absolutely correct. I never clipped in before my Sofrider. You feel much more at one with the bike clipped in. I'm sure it makes it easier to ride with no hands being clipped in.

van haaften

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that this nice Vendetta is still available. With the exchange rate at this time.....an excellent deal.

Marty

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Do you remember that Vendetta 1.5 that Mr. Van Haaften sold?
Oh wait, this is the thread.
Never mind.
Well, he packed it very snugly and it arrived intact.

Aside from a very few niggles due to either age or the bike Gods, it's ready to troll -er- ROLL on my local roads.
IMG_1707_zpstjxgmbgv.jpg

My vast Cruzbike stable, in my pristine bicycle paradise.

IMG_1708_zps8ocvym4w.jpg

Some extra Vendetta parts.
I hope they're extra.
They come with extras ... right?

1happyreader

zen/child method
Whooo hooo ,,
I am sooo happy for you ,
now Mr. Steve you gotta promise me ,,
NO major mods on your new baby for at least six months !
Go ride,,,, wait you probably are out right now.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
I have good news and bad news, for '1happyreader':

The "good" news is, with the stock seat at twenty degrees, it's guaranteed to be all-day comfortable for me.
So, it stays stock for about a year.

The "bad" news is, a custom seat is inevitable.
It will be monocoque, foam/fibreglass construction and will seamlessly combine three features.
1.) the seat pan will bolt directly to the frame, with stainless bolts who's heads are countersunk in the seat pan;
2.) the fixed neck rest will be part of the seat pan and will, in turn, flow into a...
3.) small, simple, aerodynamic 'tail fairing' as used by Maria Parker's record-setting RAAM bikes.

Gotta go ride.
Not sorry.

van haaften

MrSteve,

Clearly this Vendetta went to the correct new owner. Have fun and be safe.

Marty

Now, in proper form I must end this thread so that you can start your own cyberspace Vendetta journey!