Vendetta V2 (Large) for sale

fracchia

I'm selling my recently purchased Vendetta V2. According to Cruz Bike, it was the last V2 sold from inventory. I've had it for about a month and a half, but haven't gotten used to the moving bottom bracket. I could give it more time, but I'd rather spend the summer riding a bike I know how to rather than relearning the whole thing.

Up for sale is either the frame kit ($2200) or the whole bike ($4000). I've put in around $5500 of hardware, so here are the details:

- Vendetta V2 Large Frame
- Sram Rival 22 group kit
- Reynolds Storm Carbon Fiber Wheels
- Powertap G3 Power Meter

The frame and hardware are all in like new condition. I've put less than 100 miles on the bike (mostly riding around the street/parking lots). Willing to ship or do a pickup if anyone is near Boulder, CO.

Note: Even though this is a large frame, Robert Holler cut a couple inches out of the boom to accommodate a height of 5' 11" & an xseam of 43".

Once again, asking price is either:

Frame Kit: $2200
Total Bike: $4000

Attachments

• IMG_6914sm.jpg
    IMG_6914sm.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6915sm.jpg
    IMG_6915sm.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6916sm.jpg
    IMG_6916sm.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6917sm.jpg
    IMG_6917sm.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6918sm.jpg
    IMG_6918sm.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6919sm.jpg
    IMG_6919sm.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6920sm.jpg
    IMG_6920sm.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
no no no give it a chance. i got the second last frameset. takes a 1000klm. study forum for riding tips. once you make the connection wow. it is worth the journey. trust me.

hamishbarker

wowowow! somebody is going to be a happy buyer. High altitude riding at boulder must give a chance for some seriously speedy time trialling (if there is anywhere flat enough - I have no idea about Boulder's geography other than I assume the altitude.

Good luck with either the sale or (better) getting used to the bike. Being too tense in the legs (or arms) makes for instability. Takes a bit of getting used to but is then easy to ride.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Wow, that's a wicked-looking beauty. Riding a V takes a lot of practice and it takes time for your brain to rewire. Once you put in the time and effort (and pain if you crash), it is totally worth it. All of the sudden, the stability will start to click in and you will be able to ride on cruise control in a group without white knuckles and without thinking about what you're doing - just like riding a normal bike. You'll be more comfortable and faster. You should reconsider - it's worth the effort. Every V rider goes through this period.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
wowowow! somebody is going to be a happy buyer. High altitude riding at boulder must give a chance for some seriously speedy time trialling (if there is anywhere flat enough - I have no idea about Boulder's geography other than I assume the altitude.
Mike Mowett is consider going for the hour recumbent record at the boulder indoor velodrome so you are correct. High is fast

While someone will get a steal on this frame if it sells. I'd echo those that say it might be worth sticking with it a bit; the setup in the picture with the high handle bar angle and high BB because of the frame size. tell me that's going to be a longer learning curve. Drop those bars forward and 5 days of practice int he parking lot; 15 minutes a session and you'll be reconsider

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
What Ratz just said x2! Make the changes he referred to and just give it a week. You will be glad you did, and then you'll be back here on the forum as exuberant as every one else!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Drop those bars forward and 5 days of practice int he parking lot; 15 minutes a session and you'll be reconsider

I can see why riding that would be hard. Another option is to raise the bars up in addition to moving them forward. I like to be able to sit up on my Cruzbikes for climbing and stop signs and don't see how I could on your bike as it is setup.

LarryOz

Mike Mowett is consider going for the hour recumbent record at the boulder indoor velodrome so you are correct. High is fast
Probably a topic for a different thread - but yes I believe Mike is going for the 1 hour record, although not on a Cruzbike. :(
I think he is going up for BattleMountain, and is trying to work this into it. Morciglio also lives nearby - and he of course made Mike's M1.
If I had the money, I would take RoadRunner there and go after the 100mile - need to save a lot of lunch money for that trip!

fracchia

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm, but it's not something I have the time to dedicate to. It's either learn to ride the bike, or actually get out and ride. Now that the rain's are (kind of) stopping, the urge to simply get out and ride is higher.

Small update in my first post regarding the size of the frame. Robert Holler cut a couple of inches out of the boom so it can comfortably accommodate my size (5' 11" /w a 43" xseam).

fracchia

A few expressions of interest, but the bike is still available. Willing to entertain alternative offers depending on what people think is a good deal.

LarryOz

I think you need to get Maria Parker to sign it, and then hold out for about $10K.. It''s the last yellow V2. Rare bird!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The interesting question is can a "medium" chain-stay or chain-stay + fork from a V20 be used to convert this to a medium frame? Paging robert holler, paging robert holler.

LarryOz

can a "medium" chain-stay or chain-stay + fork from a V20 be used to convert this to a medium frame?
Ratz, I see where you are going with this... :)
I believe that the fork is the same for all sizes (hopefully Robert can confirm this), so all you would need to get is a medium chain-stay.
This may be a hard item in and of itself to aquire.
Jon - You have a large frame don't you? Can you measure your fork from where it comes out the frame. I have a medium and will do the same when I get home from work today and post the length.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I would have to see some photos of the bike to be sure, but yes a medium chainstay could be used to turn it into a medium - that is the only difference between the "sizes" of the bikes.

The challenge is the myraid of interfaces between the fork/chainstay/DR hanger. there are specific combinations and they are not interchangable for the most part.

It could be done though.

jond

Zen MBB Master
ok
I believe that the fork is the same for all sizes (hopefully Robert can confirm this), so all you would need to get is a medium chain-stay.
Jon - You have a large frame don't you? Can you measure your fork from where it comes out the frame. I have a medium and will do the same when I get home from work today and post the length.
ok will do larry when i get home tonight. when i was looking at purchasing the bike i was in direct contact with john tolhurst. john told me that it was possible to change a large to medium with a new chainstay as at 6ft 1 i was on the border line for frame size. at the time only two large frameset v2' were available.

fracchia

I had originally wondered about the possibility of going to a medium chainstay. The boom modification has done the job for fitting my 5' 11" size without compromising structural integrity, but it's an interesting idea.

jond

Zen MBB Master
hi larry the measurement was 400mm. i think as robert said the only difference is length of chainstay.

LarryOz

So, the question everybody wants to ask Robert: Are there any "medium" V2.2 chainstays available in your "attic"?