Vendetta V20

Jeremy S

Dude
The Vendetta V20 just popped up on the site. No details posted yet, but the photo is a bit disappointing. It appears to share the Silvio S30 boom/slider. No more chrome finish anywhere, no more fat body-color boom with the Cruzbike logo on it. In fact I can't see a Cruzbike logo anywhere on the frame. Is this still my dream bike? I guess I should wait for the details before passing judgment.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
And it's RED!  (Which is fine

And it's RED! (Which is fine because things that are red are faster...)

Vendetta-Recumbent-Bike-h-s_0.jpg

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Interesting

It does lose quite a bit aesthetically, but maybe it will grow on us. I think it looks out of balance without the large-diameter boom and the polished fork. To me, it looks as someone cobbled together a Vendetta/Silvio hybrid out of a parts bin, albeit a well-stocked one.

I do like the color, but I think of yellowish-mango pearl when I think of the Vendetta.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
There are a few 2.0's left

There are a few 2.0's left, but it's a shame I won't be able to get my hands on one. I imagine these will be grabbed rather quickly since they're the last of the series. :(

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
So Red is the new Yellow?

So Red is the new Yellow? Hmmm..
I see they are also offering complete builds. I will be interested to see what they come in at.....

Jeremy S

Dude
Vendetta V20 version 2.2

Vendetta V20 version 2.2 delivers the following improvements to version 2.0:
  • New single piece carbon fiber seat pan
  • Hot new color scheme
  • S30/V20 Shared boom and slider for easier adjustments
  • Revised cable routing options

Lief

Guru Schmuru
It didn't take me long to

It didn't take me long to start liking the red too Andrew!
About as long as it took for me to make this GIF.

Pardon the flashy-flashy of this but the pictures are so uniform and good on the site that this is possible for a quick "stare-n-compare".

Some adjustments to this comparison can be done with boom length etc, obviously, but this, for me is the ONLY good thing about animated GIF's - see the wheelbase change, the crank height change, the top tube angle change, and probably other things you experts know to look for more than I.

Something that *might* not look like it changes that much (But I know from experience *DOES* change in the feel/speed etc - Larry and Bob and Rick might be more suited to address this; the seatback recline.
This animation makes it appear that they are about the same - they are most definitely not.

alt="S30-V20 Comparison"
S30-V20.gif

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Thanks, Lief

Now I'm hypnotized! I can't stop looking at your animated GIF. Something inside tells me "buy a Vendetta, buy a Silvio, buy a Vendetta...".

I think you're in cahoots with the folks at Cruzbike and you're dabbling in subliminal advertising. ;-)

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Andrew - haha Yeah - every

@Andrew - haha Yeah - every 5th frame shows hot popcorn and a soda for 1millisecond. :)

I could actually do the same animation for all the models - they are well photographed on the site - it shows an interesting progression...ahhh - I have an idea.

BRB

Lief

Guru Schmuru
this is probably over-dorky -

this is probably over-dorky - and it might seem fanboy, and it's only one interpretation (leaves open for some mis-interpretation also) but WTH - I'll own those monikers. :)

I'll get back to work now.

Evolutionary.gif height:90px; width:574px

Kim Tolhurst

well

Yellow Vendetta was used to create a marvelous 'brand model color' if is was a recumbent and you looked, it was a CB Vendetta and it was yellow.

The original decision for it to be yellow was extensively researched and costly. Over 20 years also of top marketing management was also behind it.

The most developed front wheel drive bicycle was yellow. It had become the standout photo shooting color.

Now its just another colored recumbent, what a waste. Any one know how extremely difficult it is to create a brand model color and a bicycle at 'that' ?

Marketing advantage lost in one pot of paint.

Bring back yellow !

Kim.

BentAero

In my mind, the V should be

In my mind, the V should be all about speed and it's cost considerations should be secondary. Making it as light as possible is part of the speed equation. That said, I'm really disappointed to see the 'lead pipe' boom from the Silvio on it instead of a carbon fiber boom. Seems like a step backward to me... But hey, it's not my company.

I have nothing against red, in fact I almost had my V powdercoated a bright Ducati red. I'm sure it will look fantastic.

Kudo's to Leif on the .gif. You are a wizard of the keyboard, sir!

richa

On a positive note

This will likely increase the resale value of used 2.0s. Good news for those that own them.

unc99

I am wondering if it comes in

I am wondering if it comes in different sizes like the older Vendetta, or whether it is one size like the Silvio.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Branding With Color

Cycles of Color

A true Bianchi wears only celeste,
Gios will always be blue.
A proper Vendetta is yellow,
I'll bet you thought this would rhyme.