Vendetta V20

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I truly believe write up's

I truly believe write up's and especially photos/images, plays a huge role in marketing. I've said it before and I will say it again; it was Ratz's build diary on BROL, and Lisa's love for the Silvio on BROL that caught my attention and led me to one of the finest recumbent bikes in the world. If it weren't for those two I would still be riding one of those RWD inefficient power sucking bents.

Eric lead me to the type2 RD for my V build.

You gotta love the Crizbike Company and Community!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed - it was reading about

Indeed - it was reading about it here that led me to test a Type 2 X0 on my personal bike - which led me to spec it on the complete builds.

Working on bikes every day has only reinforced the love of that thing. I wish that cage lock feature was on every one.
:)

Robert

trplay

Zen MBB Master
well fine then--- now it's time

To consider Schwalbe tubeless if you haven't already. I have found the early bad press regarding mounting tubeless to be unfamiliarity and not a function of difficulty. I'm pushing 1000 miles on mine now and have been very pleased with the results. The Schwalbe One comes in 23mm, 25mm, and 28mm. I never believe the manufactures hype until I witness it myself. I am starting to believe the hype.

tubeless.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Trplay - so true. It's hard

Trplay - so true. It's hard to believe the hype until you try it yourself.

Same with Cruzbike's super efficiency. You can run over to BROL and talk about how efficiency the Cruzbike is all day long, and yet someone buys a Rifle over a Cruzbike. They want proof the Vendetta is faster, raw data. The best data comes from the seat of your pants...and defiantly not from a test ride...I personably don't believe you can make good judgments about how well a bike behaves or how fast it is by a test ride. You need to buy and commit to it; and then time will tell.

I did, and I'm glad I did!!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Rick hits the nail on the

Rick hits the nail on the head! I think that advice is true for any bike (recumbent or otherwise) but if you take an engine and they train on a Cruzbike they will be fastest on our bike over any other. Hands down.

Robert

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
+1 on the tubeless. Ran them

+1 on the tubeless. Ran them on 3 bikes all summer 90-95psi. Should a about 3000 miles total when the snow flies. 2 flat tires; 1 was a nail that when clean through the aluminum rim; the other was a the perfect rock that tore a 1 inch hole in the tire body. No other flats of any kind. There's a learning curve but then it's fine; and it pays off on the Cruzbike with even more smooth riding; and great cornering stick-tion. Probably be a while before they are stand issue :)

freewheelin

So do the chainstays clamp

So do the chainstays clamp directly on to the BB shell or to the external BB bearings outside the shell? I couldn't tell from watching the video.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Chainstays Clamp to the BB

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like they clamp to the external BB cups. Cue to 0:25 of the video.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
There are some very nice high

There are some very nice high resolution photos of the new V20 on the Cruzbike Facebook page.

-Eric

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
It is a really pretty bike

It is a really pretty bike and I'm getting used to the boom (I agree that having a thicker, heavier boom that isn't stiffer is silly even if it does look really frickin' cool ).

But those pedals are killin' me. Either put on some real pedals, or take 'em off altogether. :D

steveshort

Vendetta pics

I agree that the pedals look horrible in the pics. It's the small things that can really improve the pics. One other thing that drives me crazy is that the chain is in the big/big gear combo. It makes the rear derailleur look like it's going to pop. It's the same on the Silvio so it was a deliberate decision.

The new color doesn't bother me at all. I don't like red but I never really liked the yellow either although it had started to grow on me.

By the time I'm going to be able to get my Vendetta I am sure there will be plenty of glowing reviews on the new model.

Bruce B

Red Vendetta Has Been Ordered

Just did not need to wait any longer. The bike shown in the videos convinced me it was time to buy.
Besides, "Red is the Fastest Color", Charles said so.
thumbs_up.gif

Bruce

freewheelin

This is from Silvio. I still

Cruzbike-silvio-2.jpg

V20BB.jpg

Top pic is from Silvio. Next pic is screenshot from the V20 video. What do you guys think? Clamps to the shell or on the cups?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Congrats Bruce!

If I'm not mistaken you had a Silvio 1.0 correct?

If I'm right - you are about to be overjoyed at the difference.
I went from Silvio 1.0 to Vendetta 2.0 and WOW - it was like going from an arrow to a bullet.

Enjoy!

Bruce B

Silvio 1.0

Thanks Lief,

Silvio 1.0 rider for five years. With the V20 I intend to pass a lot more bikes.

Jeremy S

Dude
So here's a partial list of

So here's a partial list of the components for the complete build:

FSA SLK Cranks
FSA SLK Calipers
SRAM Rival Shifters
SRAM 11-32 Cassette
SRAM Rival Front Derailleur
SRAM X9 Type 2 Rear Derailleur

As someone with very little bike building experience, I'm curious about the mixing and matching. (My Silvio is all SRAM Rival, except the chainrings have recently been replaced with Q rings.)

I know the X9 Type 2 RD has the advantage of the cage lock, versus the Rival RD.

But, what are the advantages of the FSA crankset and brake calipers over SRAM? I watched Robert's video about the components and he doesn't mention anything specific.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
FSA bearings...

The FSA Bearing cups are dead flat, allowing for a very positive surface to surface connection between the ring clamp and the bearing cup. The SLK is a very nice looking crankset too, with the machined silver chainrings really pop against the black.

Robert