Ventisit pad and clothing (Lycra) wear

I have noticed my cycling clothing is wearing as I slide in and out of the V to start and stop, more so when I commute and have to stop more in traffic / evil red lights. It is most noticable in my shorts I use cheap non padded Lycra shorts (one has worn through which then ripped to large holes, it's replacement is already showing signs of wear), but the back section of my top is also showing signs of wear.
It's not a huge issue as the shorts are inexpensive (possibly a contributing factor) and I may get some inexpensive tops also, however I would like to get some Merino race bibs and tops from eleven.cc (I have been in contact with them and they will make them without the chamois). However it will be unwise to invest $200 if they are going to wear to quickly.

Has anybody else noticed increased wear from the ventisit pad?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Yep... gives me a chance to renew my bibs and jerseys. I use a cheap triathlon suit.. very good as the padding isn't that noticeable. I've had the same triathlon suit for two years so maybe as it's my birthday soon that I buy a new one. :rolleyes:

In the winter and for speed I swap out the ventisit pad for a rubber yoga mat. I kid you not. It's warmer. It's 15mm thick and I find it comfortable enough and it doesn't wear my clothes down so quickly. However you can get hot with it.

In the winter and for speed I swap out the ventisit pad for a rubber yoga mat. I kid you not. It's warmer. It's 15mm thick and I find it comfortable enough and it doesn't wear my clothes down so quickly. However you can get hot with it.

It would never get cold enough here in Australia :p seriously even in the winter once I get going on the V I am pretty warm