Video Ride report

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
This is some what interesting.

Mrs Ratz did a ride on a windy day last weekend. We had a Rideye camera filming forward and a Fly 6 recording backwards. I have edited them together and put them into a split-screen video; with data overlays.

It's far two long to watch the entire thing; but it is somewhat interesting to watch and see the interaction of hills and efforts as well as the behavior of the cars. My main goal was so I could watch it and use it to coach her on technique without having to be in a chase car for 2.5 hours. She's strong on the trainer and I'm working at cleaning up her road techniques since technically she's still under 1000 miles of road experience lifetime.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2511l2wciianvz/CologneSplitViewData.mp4?dl=0

The video quality of the final version is not that great as the source as it has been compressed 3 different times so that I could upload it to our virtual training site. Originally both video where shot at 720p and look very detailed. Can shoot higher but storage for over 2.5 hours becomes an issue.

If I have some time this summer I'll produce some short videos at native resolutions; that wasn't' the goal here these are just some intermediate results I thought people might want to look at.

Last edited:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This was really cool Ratz - I download it for Cyclops and showed it to my wife last night.

Now I'm gonna have to mount a rear-facing camera I guess to keep up with the Ratz's. o_O

Next up - Google cam on the top of the helmet for 360 degree views - not aero at all though.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Very nice Bob. I like the data on the footage, even for myself would be cool to see again. Lady Ratz is doing a great job and has adapted to her Silvio great.

I'm thinking the outer yellow circle is indicating elevation percentages, correct?

Larry, I think we should put in a petition to change Ratz's handle to something like "Inspector Gadget" :D:D:D!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rick, I agree that "Inspector Gadget" is a good handle for Ratz!!!
AND he researches very thoroughly, documents with lots of photos and simple descriptions, and builds his own gadgets!!!

Mrs Ratz should receive the handle of "steady starter", as her starts are brilliant, especially when compared to some other videos on this site!!!

ratz

Yes that is the altimeter grade. The data does drift with time though; there is much to be learned to make those really good. I can have it perfectly synced at the start on a railroad track but it never matches at the end.

You can't rename me until I get my hands on one of these; (Hide your wallet before you hit play on the video)

http://3drobotics.com

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Two wide angle cameras looking sideways mounted under the seat, where Ivan mounted his forward looking camera would be more aero!
So four cameras to catch the action in ALL directions!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
WHEN are we going to see a Follow me video with the drone 8 ft behind the rider and approx 10 ft off the ground so it will not hit power lines or bridges!

Are there cheaper options that currently have the Follow Me option!

ratz

As far as I know the Iris from also from 3DR is the only one shipping for sub $1k US; and the charge only holds for about 20 minutes; so still of limited use. At $750 I'd seriously consider putting R&D funds into getting one to play with; but our winds just aren't favorable for those things we get about 8 days a year you could probably fly them. My business partner's son quit his day job and is making a living with his new Drone Video services business (been at it about a year). He'll let me know when it's practical. I'm considering going down to visit him this summer with the bikes. That might be fun; we could shoot some footage and turn it over to Cruzbike for advertising for fun.