Waiting on a box...

DuncanWatson

I did it. I bought Rat Rider's Vendetta TT. The last yellow Vendetta :) So now we do the dance and wait for checks to clear and boxes to be delivered.

Since I own a lowracer I have all the bike bag solutions I need to make the Vendetta work. I have a co-worker with a sewing machine and some skills so I will try to recreate some moose pockets but with reflective tape sewn on as well. I may also look into the brain box/aerobag solutions using the new cage mount from cruzbike. That would make the Vendetta a good brevet bike. (Well add lighting and crud racers)

All in all, I am very excited and planning my test rides and parking lot figure 8s now.

jond

Zen MBB Master
fantastic work well done duncan. i have the second last yellow and was worried about the last one finding a good home again. i nearly called the RSPCA i mean B :) it took me a 1000klm to get a licence now i have over 6000klm and the bike is as agile as anything i have ever ridden. it just takes time to aclime. enjoy the bike. the sram red works as good as rat rider says. let us know how you get on. there is a myriad of info here in the forum and some great learning tips from the likes of ratz rick larry eric robert etc etc. but since you already have a low racer you will likely be a duck to water on the v.
woo hoo have fun.

DuncanWatson

I am very excited. I expect to spend some real time testing and learning the MBB format. But I have great hopes. Roberts recent videos on how to adjust seat, boom, headrest, etc are a great resource as well. I want to stay fit over the winter and will ride as much as I can over the rainy months here in Seattle. I will likely pick up a set of crud racers for the rainy season. Seeing the various cruzbikes on PBP has inspired me. I need to qualify and do PBP 2019 and I can setup a Vendetta for that style of riding relatively easily. I really like the moose pocket idea and will definitely manufacture my own version (with more reflective material) and get some form of tail bag working. I want to maintain access to water bottles so maybe bentup cycles aerobag will be the way I go. If I can fit a change of clothes, rain jacket, tools, and snacks as well as water bottles then I can be prepared for brevets, commuting, and group rides equally well. I just need to see how it works in practice.

telephd

Guru
Good on ya Duncan!! looking forward to the ride reports. Ive finally got the parts assembled to retool my V20 now all I need is a little time for the build!