Want to buy a Silvio

I am looking to buy a new Silvio.
I sent a message to the Cruzbike people several days ago with no reply.
My questions are this:
1.) If I place an order in the next week, what would be the estimated ship date?
2.) I wear bi-focal glasses. Is the seat angle a problem for us older people looking thru the lower part of our glasses?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Buying a Silvio

Cruzbike is a relatively small operation and sometimes it takes a while for them to field questions about order and fulfillment times. Basically, they have to hear from the manufacturer/supplier to get an idea when they will ship. Not to mention the transit time across the ocean and customs. As you can guess, production runs for recumbents are typically significantly lower than their upright counterparts - whether it be Cruzbike or any other recumbent manufacturer.

The plus side is that the people you will talk to know the products inside and out as.they are involved heavily in the development cycle. Posting your question here is a great idea; you will probably receive a response very soon.

As for the bifocals, I have no idea, but others have mentioned the topic.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Try Vite Bikes

They might be able to ship one out tomorrow. Vite Bikes tel. 941-484-0020.

seemark

Bifocals/lower seat recline

Chances are good that you will need single vision glasses to focus. I normally wear trifocals, but have single vision (for distance) glasses for recumbent riding. Others use contact lenses.

counterpoint

There's a coupon for

There's a coupon for pre-orders which made my frameset about $100 cheaper. Was told orders will - if suppliers comply - ship in the first week of November.

davengel

I am looking to buy a new Silvio.

>>>2.) I wear bi-focal glasses. Is the seat angle a problem for us older people looking thru the lower part of our glasses?

I see that there has not been a reply since 2013 to this line of questioning, and given the more reclined geometry of the current Silvio S30, an updated reply may be in order.

I wear bifocals and ride a Silvio S30. With my head at full recline against the headrest on the S30, my sight line goes through the reading portion of my bifocals. I had to pick my poison: see the world as a blur, or ride with my head raised up off the headrest. Maybe there are bifocals that are large enough to resolve this issue, but the only solutions I have found so far are single vision glasses or contacts. Contacts are probably best. The S30 geometry is not inherently bifocal-friendly, so bear that in mind, especially if your vision corrections for both up-close and distance are significant.

brokemyback

For what it's worth - you can get very inexpensive glasses from zennioptical.com in China. Type in your prescription and they will be happy to make glasses for you. They could care less about prescriptions or paperwork! Single vision glasses are about $30, and arrive in about four weeks. I usually order two pairs at a time.

RAR

I see that there has not been a reply since 2013 to this line of questioning, and given the more reclined geometry of the current Silvio S30, an updated reply may be in order.

I wear bifocals and ride a Silvio S30. With my head at full recline against the headrest on the S30, my sight line goes through the reading portion of my bifocals. I had to pick my poison: see the world as a blur, or ride with my head raised up off the headrest. Maybe there are bifocals that are large enough to resolve this issue, but the only solutions I have found so far are single vision glasses or contacts. Contacts are probably best. The S30 geometry is not inherently bifocal-friendly, so bear that in mind, especially if your vision corrections for both up-close and distance are significant.
I wear bi-focals and don't have a problem seeing the road and my computer. Try... boomersintheknow.com... they have lots of styles to choose from and are inexpensive.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
For what it's worth - you can get very inexpensive glasses from zennioptical.com in China. Type in your prescription and they will be happy to make glasses for you. They could care less about prescriptions or paperwork! Single vision glasses are about $30, and arrive in about four weeks. I usually order two pairs at a time.
I second the motion for Zenni Optical. I've used them before with great quality and very low cost.

hoyden

I wear progressive lens glasses. I modified my head rest to give my head a more vertical orientation so that I can use my normal glasses. I have a permanent curve in my neck/shoulder that makes this option work for me. No way could I ever use the stock head rest.

smudge

Bifocals/lower seat recline

Chances are good that you will need single vision glasses to focus. I normally wear trifocals, but have single vision (for distance) glasses for recumbent riding. Others use contact lenses.
I wear Trifocals Im 59 Dont have headrest, wish i did, but have no problems seeing