Wanted: < 2.0 Silvio

AbramClark

Currently I have an electric assist Sofrider which does great for getting around town, but there's nothing like powering a precision racing machine with pure muscle on a recreational ride. I live in San Francisco currently, and don't want to be in a bed reclining position while riding around, so the Silvio 2.0 is out of consideration. Also I don't have a lot of money to throw around, so I'm hoping to find a used Silvio for a reasonable deal.

AbramClark

Either one would be great . I

Either one would be great :). I should have no trouble building it up, that might even be preferable.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
1.5 Silvio

I have a 1.5 that i got used. Love it but would like to move to the S30. Keeping my components would be ideal but would be open to selling the brifters and brakes (SRAM Rival) since I would go to bar end shifters and disc brakes. I just have to figure if I can afford to buy the S30 frameset after whatever I would get for the 1.5. What would you consider a reasonable deal?

AbramClark

Quick glance on this thread

Quick glance on this thread shows the last 5 pre-2.0 Silvios selling from 1600$ to 2400$. Those are all with components, so given that the frameset is about 79% the value of the bike, I would say 1270$ to 1900$, depending on the condition, plus whatever the value of any components you want to add in.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
I paid $1800 for the frameset

I paid $1800 for the frameset (w the stock handlebars) in Oct of 2013. Frame is in very good condition. I will give it a lot of thought and get back to you. Meanwhile i can send you some pics via email if you'd like. The 1 MB limit on picture size on this forum is hard for me to get around.

Kline

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
The upgrade bug may have bitten

Now that I've had my Q451 for the better part of a year, I became curious whether I might like, or could even handle, one of the faster bikes. As it happens, ReklinedRider and I live in adjacent counties, and have mutual friends. He was gracious enough to let me try out both his Silvio 1.5 and his Sofrider yesterday.

I was a bit nervous about riding the Silvio, especially once I discovered that I'd have to shift upside-down SRAM DoubleTap levers with the "wrong" hand. This was the bike I'd come to check out, though. So I climbed aboard, pushed off...and oh, my goodness, what a revelation! The front-end heaviness I was used to from my little Quest--nonexistent. The Silvio felt much more stable, and I could make tighter turns. Shifting was smooth as butter. I rode a few short laps in that small section of the parking lot, literally laughing out loud with delight, and then branched out for some longer stretches.

Once I reluctantly got off the Silvio, I tried the Sofrider. Its handling wasn't that much different from the Q, despite the difference in wheel sizes and the higher bottom bracket. It helped confirm that my decision to start out on the Q451 was the right one.

So, come spring (and tax refund), I may be in the hunt for a Silvio 1.5 frameset, and combing the forums for tips on the best components for my budget.

b1kebox

Complete Silvio 1.5

Now that the Silvio 2.0 is my main ride, my 1.5 is available.

Robb
Hampton, VA