Wanted: a medium Vendetta V20 frame or full bike shipped to Norway

Tor Hovland

Hi!

I want to buy a Vendetta, but unfortunately the medium size will be out of stock for a while now. If anybody has a used V20 that they want to sell, I would be interested. I am mostly interested in just the frameset, but if you need to sell a complete bike, I will consider it. I might also consider older versions of the Vendetta.

Don't be discouraged about the shipping to Norway part. I've had bikes and frames sent to me from the US several times before, and it has always been hassle-free.

Martinius Berg

Hei Tor

Artig å lese at flere er interessert i Cruzbike liggesykler i norge . Hvor holder du til i landet ?

God Sommer ønskes Martinius Berg

Hov i Søndre land

Nice to read more people from norway are interested in these fantastic Cruzbikes , where are you located in Norway ?

Sinc. Martinius Berg

Tor Hovland

Hi, Martinius!

I'm in Trondheim. But this summer I will stay in Grimstad, and there I will rent Peder's Vendetta. That should allow me to find out if I can get comfortable on such a bike. I am particularly curious about how nervous/wobbly it will be downhill.

I see a RWD recumbent on your avatar. I have a Bacchetta Giro 26 myself. It is fast, but not fast enough :)

Cheers,
Tor

Martinius Berg

Hello Tor

I am very curious about your driving experiences with the Vendetta this summer , be kind to tell how you like it :) Grimstad is quite flat country and it should be fine to ride your Vendetta. Yeah i know Peder`s recumbent sails activities at Finn.no. There are a lot a nice bicycles there for sale.

The bike that is shown on the avatar photo is a Challenge Chamsin high racer which i build up originally fore a friend but he wasǹt comfortable with it and i bought it from him .
Its equipped with the Nuvinci Harmony N360 x Schlumpf speed drive and Tannus solid 26 " tires. Its a nice bike but not a good hill climber. Therefore i am looking fore another used recumbent road bike Silvio 2.0 or S 2.2 frame or complete bicycle .

Friendly regards Martinius.

Tor Hovland

Sure, perhaps I should keep a diary of my learning how to ride the Vendetta here on the forum...

The hill climbing part is exactly the reason why I would like to upgrade my recumbent too. I have briefly considered the Bacchetta Carbon Aero and the Corsa, but the former is a very expensive way to shave some weight, and the latter would be too similar to my current bike. Then I got interested in the Metabikes. They have a reputation of being stiff, efficient and good climbers. But I only recently discovered Cruzbike. The front wheel drive made me dismiss it at first, but when I learned about how it mimics a DF bike's abililty to utilize upper body strength for climbing, I understood right away that it is the bike I am looking for.

Now it just remains to actually try one and see.

Hi Martinius,

Grimstad is not flat.:) I just had to say that!

Hello also to Tor I think you have been in Grimstad before and know some of the hills?

We have some hills but not mountains.
Today I took our car to get it treated for antirust (Tectyl).
I had the Vendetta on the back of the car so I could ride home.
The car needed to stay there for a couple of days.
The manager had never seen a Vendetta before and sat on it.
He asked many questions.
He had a road bike and said that the Vendetta could possibly be is next bike.
On longer rides he was uncomfortable on his road bike.

Many people have never seen a Vendetta also around here.

I did have some hills to ride to get home but not any steep ones.
Vendetta is the best climbing recumbent I have ridden.
The weather was nice 20°C.

Martinius Berg

Wow

Well thank you guys fore the updates :) I know the terrain is hilly around Grimstad and thats why a Cruzbike Vendetta is excellent to ride in your surroundings. Its nice to read the interests you guys have fore recumbents. Many years ago i corporate with the norwegian bicycle ass. in Oslo and NHPV (Norsk human Powered Vehicles club ) to present and tryout marked interests towards the audience but the lack of intrest was not worth the effort i put in it. I think that times has changed and many people use a lot a money and time when looking and buying the "perfect bicycle". Better technology , different design and less weight has given the recumbent a new area. I love the Vendetta and Silvio.

Good luck with your sails Peder and a nice summer to you as well.

Martinius Berg