Wanted ASAP: Softrider or Quest/SFL

TacomaBent

I am located in Coconut Creek/Fort Lauderdale/Miami

Looking to buy a
Softrider or
Quest
or any upright style (not relaxed/leaned back/high performance).

Good or gently used condition, well maintained, already assembled.

Payment will be in cash or can be credit card/ I really can't stand Pay Pay buy if you prefer. I prefer local but may pay for shipping for the right bike and price.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
What does SFL stand for?
There are several of the Conversion Kit, Sofrider, Quest, available on this Marketplace forum but most are going to require shipping and re-assembly. You might want to contact the Cruzbike office @Lucia to see if there are locals willing to let you test ride / check availability for sale. I agree that local is always best. But if none are available then the Quest models will require very little re-assembly because they are designed to be able to pack for a plane ride to a touring destination. (But any model can be re-assembled easily with a bike co-ops help.)

TacomaBent

Hi! Yes, SFL= South Florida.

I have absolutely no tactile engineering gear head initiative or talent. Definitely need an assembled bicycle. The local recumbent dealer went out of business. I previously owned a Brompton (did not enjoy) and two local bike shops changed the brakes causing the fold not to work as designed.

I say this to state I am somewhat reluctant to trust a dealer to help with recumbent assembly. Primarily traditional bikes reign in this region. Commuting is huge but usually Walmart brand bicycles from my observation.

Thank you for your advice.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You might want a boat or a tank for the short term! Hope you keep safe.

I sympathize with your lack of dealer trust - sometimes the "experts" can't be depended on.

If you were to purchase a used Quest it would be previously assembled so the re-assembly would entail quick releases (rear shock, handle bar to fork, two wheels onto bike, seat post) and thumb screws on the bottom of the seat, adjusting the boom length to your leg length and checking that all shifter and brake cables are connected. That's all if I recall (@ratz or someone with more exhaustive experience please chime in if I have missed anything.) Whoever sells it to you could take a bunch of pictures as they take it apart and make it really, really easy for you to re-assemble and impossible for a bike store or mechanically minded friend to goof up. The guy who sold me the Cruzbike kit that I ride did that and it made a tough challenge of building from a frame up into a straight forward task. And if you did run into any difficulties there are lots and lots of people on this forum who would chip in with answers to any questions you might have. Answers that often come accompanied by photos worth 1000 words by those who have done it before many times and can write very clear directions.

I guess I just want to encourage you that we are here for you if you need any help with your new Cruzbike whenever and however it arrives.

TacomaBent

Thank you.
I am on the East coast.
There are many political, economical and natural/science variables involved with storms. Beyond my control. I have lived to through about 5 I think. I never feed into to the hype. I have always felt God is going to do what God does and I'm not going to stress about what is beyond my comprehension.

The Bahamian ocean floor being sucked up: science ...air pressure. Spirituality ...apocalypse?

Then of course my conspiracy theory friends ring my phone off with cries of fake news/and the p word that has been censored.

What can you do?

BUY A RECUMBENT! BUY ANOTHER BIKE! AND RIDE. :)

Anyway,
I love the look of the Softrider for SWB.

If it means any form of assembly I may go with my next fascination, LWB Tour Easy.

I like trikes but the exiting is going to be an issue. 3 ACL surgeries.

The Softrider is appealing because it is one of the least aggressive seating I have seen of the newer model recumbent. The designers should be applauded for recognizing not everyone wants to be reclined neck up while biking. I appreciate to the courtesy. So many high racers. Beautiful but not practical for me.

The traffic and driving here....it really is a pedestrian and bicyclist death trap.

Very dangerous. Many hit and runs.

Thank you for your advice. I will keep looking.