Wanted - Vendetta Large - Opinions welcome

DcJ

Hi All, New to the cruzbike forum. Looking to adding a vendetta to my stable, mostly DF Carbon Road and Catrike. The info I've found on the cruzbike fwd has been interesting. I'm 6'8" w Xseam 50-51", 250lbs, 57 yr Male. Throughly enjoy 30-80 mile rides on road bikes, but at times would like a more relaxed position and comfort. The Catrike provides the comfort and relaxed view, but just doesn't hit the mark when used to 2 wheels.

I'm not only looking for a large frame vendetta bike / frame; but I'm also looking for opinions or comments on the bike compared to standard DA or rear drive recumbents. Do you feel the FWD provides an improvement on climbing compared to standard recumbents? Does the ability to lean bike into power strokes feel similar to DF on climbs. A DF on power climbs moves the bike, does similar tilting on climbs with Vendetta make steering difficult or uncontrolled? On high speed descents, does the vendetta have a well balanced "stay on track" geometry or does the wheel base create a skittish over reactive feel?

The Vendetta weighs more than a carbon road DA, but provides a much more areo streamlined position. Can the pace with DA riders be maintained similar to on a DA or does it require more watts for same speed?

Thanks, Doug

JustTooBig

DcJ, I have a Large 2012 Vandetta (complete build) for sale. Was considering listing it here in the forum classified section when I saw your post. Please feel free to email me if you'd like details. cfield.mail(at)gmail.com