Wat is the difference between the Silvio 2 and 3 ?

Martinius Berg

Members of this forum.

Hoping someone could explain to me what the difference is between the Silvio 2 and 3 series recumbent frame ?

Sinc. Martinius Berg/Norway

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The S30 has a wider front spacing (132.5) which allows for both 130 and 135 mm hub widths.
The S30 fits wider tires.
The S30 has a fully carbon, one-piece seat, IIRC (certainly mine came that way).
The S30's BB has a single tine instead of two tines, which make it easier to mount a light there.
The S30 main (hydroformed) frame is white instead of black.
The S30's derailleur hanger is press-fit, and is supposed to stay in better when changing a wheel/tube/tire.

Martinius Berg

Thanks for replying my thread tiltmaniac. Your specific information is much appreciated :)

Do you b.t.w. know how much the front fork spacing is of the Silvio 20 ?
What dia does the bottom bracket have of the Silvio 20 and is there a difference there with the later 30 version ?

Sinc. Martinius

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Martinus, the 2.0 has a 130mm fork spacing, IIRC.
I believe the BBs are the same on both, which is, (again, IIRC) a 68mm english. If you check my S30 build thread in the Silvio Brag forum, you can lookup the specs on the BB that I used to confirm.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Oh, and there is at least one more difference: The S30 comes with a water bottle mount on the handlebar boom. I don't think the 2.0 had that, but take that with a grain of salt and verify....

Jeremy S

Dude
From the S30 product page.

MODEL EVOLUTION

Silvio S30 version 2.2 delivers the following improvements to version 2.0:

• Larger boom and slider for even better power delivery
  • Accommodates 11-speed systems
  • Improved front derailleur cable management for easier set up and adjustment
  • Press-fit RD hanger to keep everything in order on front wheel changes
  • 3 mm additional tire clearance on the fork
  • Accommodates up to a 28c tire
  • Improved headrest attachment
  • Additional cable adjuster position on slider clamp
  • Front light attachment point

Martinius Berg

Thanks for the tech. information Jeremy. Seams the Silvio 30 is a lot improved compared to the 20 version ! My plan is to rebuild the bicycle with my own specifications.

Rohloff single speed hub 14 gears with Gates belt drive and Gates single belt crank drive. I still have to look in some specifications on the Silvio frames and parts i am going to use!

Sinc. Martinius Berg