Water Bottle Mounts on Silvio 2

Ivan

Guru
Yeah, the large Topeak bag

Yeah, the large Topeak bag fits really well and is cavernous! All I had to do to mount it was use a velcro strip to "extend" the strap that normally goes around a DF's seatpost. On the Silvio it goes around both headrest "bars" making a very solid connection.

My super-bright light with external battery pack is really bright - causing even MORE stares - if that was at all possible while riding on the roads...

i hope someone tries a

i hope someone tries a camelback in its pack worn on the front. This would ideally place the bladder from upper groin to mid sternum. Your not adding weight to the bike, the water (and whatever else you put in the pack) goes with you when you dismount and do other things. It's aerodynamic.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Camelback on front

Elliot,
I've done two long rides with a camelback thing on my front on a Vendetta 2.0.
I EXPECTED an aero penalty but so far haven't created any other choice.

Now I'm not so sure, and after reading your post here (granted it's an old post) I think I might need to actually test it with some rolldowns somewhere.

The reason I was thinking it wasn't so bad was riding along with TimTurner last weekend - things were pretty much normal as far as pacing him on downhills.

It's comfy enough.
I LOVE the accessibility of all my stuff (fairly necessary on long non-stop rides I'm doing)
I *could* listen to music without headphones if necessary.
It doesn't impede my view forward much (I can't see my rear-derailer tho, I look there sometimes to verify gearing)

There are some straps to deal with (blowing in the wind if I'm not careful)
In the hot months it could be icky (unless I fill it with ice?)

If I get a chance to actually aero test it - I'll report back.

Tuloose

Guru
For anyone thinking of mounting a water bottle cage on the boom I did it without drilling into the boom by using 2 pieces of double sided, thick sticky tape between the bottle & boom where the bolts would normally go. I then secured the bottle cage down with 2 zip ties. The trick here is to get the zip ties tight enough to prevent the bottle & cage from rotating to the side. I used a "4th hand" cable adjusting tool to pull the zip ties super tight.

http://www.parktool.com/product/cable-stretcher-bt-2

Jeremy S

Dude
For anyone thinking of mounting a water bottle cage on the boom I did it without drilling into the boom by using 2 pieces of double sided, thick sticky tape between the bottle & boom where the bolts would normally go. I then secured the bottle cage down with 2 zip ties. The trick here is to get the zip ties tight enough to prevent the bottle & cage from rotating to the side. I used a "4th hand" cable adjusting tool to pull the zip ties super tight.

http://www.parktool.com/product/cable-stretcher-bt-2
Do you have any photos please? I've been thinking about trying this. Another issue is that my cables route along the bottom of the boom, I don't want to interfere with them.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
For anyone thinking of mounting a water bottle cage on the boom I did it without drilling into the boom by using 2 pieces of double sided, thick sticky tape between the bottle & boom where the bolts would normally go.

How do you like having the bottle cage in that location?

Saturday morning, I tried mounting my TwoFish Quick Cage on the boom in that position, with my 12-ounce water bottle. I thought I had the Velcro tight enough...until I crossed the railroad tracks, whereupon the bottle cage tried to migrate underneath the boom. I stopped and cinched it up even tighter; but within a quarter mile, it was drifting again. Maybe some of that double-sided tape will help.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I tried mounting my TwoFish Quick Cage on the boom in that position, with my 12-ounce water bottle. I thought I had the Velcro tight enough...until I crossed the railroad tracks, whereupon the bottle cage tried to migrate underneath the boom. <snip> Maybe some of that double-sided tape will help.

I added a strip of adhesive-backed Velcro between the rubber part of the Quick Cage and the boom before riding the 25 Miles of Mayhem. Worked like a charm. The cage didn't slip at all, and I can still remove and replace it if I need to.

Ifan Payne

I am considering attaching the ADEM cadge mount bracket to my Silvio seat. What bite valve tube system is anyone using with bottles mounted under/behind the seat? My concern is ensuring an adequate length for the tube.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I am using the Flexr system behind my seat (two bottles) on a Vendetta for events. I copied this from Ratz. I use the retractable cable to hold the bite valve in place. The bite valve is awesome, but I need to get a 90-degree angle connector to make it more ergonomic. The bottles use liners, which are replaceable and are not expensive. The tubes connect to (and disconnect from) the bottles easily by pressing a "button" of sorts. In an event, to keep myself moving with a crew, I would have two spare bottles so the crew could swap out bottles at checkpoints in a matter of seconds to keep me moving. Then it's just reach back, grab the bite valve, put it in my mouth, bite down, drink, and then toss the bite valve in the general direction of the bottles so the cable can retract. Much easier than trying to replace a bottle in a cage, especially when fatigued from competing for hours upon hours.