weighty subject

buyagain

I know the listed specs for the Sof and the free riders. I'm just trying to get a general idea of the finished overall weight for your personal sofrider and freerider and perhaps what is a reasonable expectation for a cruzbike conversion's finished weight? Even if a conversion bike might come in a little heavier, It's tons more fun and affective than any conventional sport bike. Just my opinion.

Regards
Bob
:arrow: Avalon Conversion (41.5 lbs or 18.9 KG)

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
A Sofrider V1 weighs 34 lbs. on a calibrated shipping scale.

I have a conversion that weighs (or weighed, before I took it apart to "improve" it) 31 lbs, but it's far from a conventional conversion.

If you look at a selection of conventional SWB recumbents using steel or aluminum frames, the weight range is from 29 - 36 lbs.

My first conversion weighed 47 lbs. and ran away from my 33 lb. Vision R40 on hills. That was the final proof to me that John T. was on to something big.

People who advertise bike weights without pedals are, well... :x

In talking about bike weight, it needs to be remembered that the mass you're moving is a combination of bike weight and rider weight. Once you look at the entire package, a couple of pounds difference in bike weight is no real difference at all; it's in the noise of your water bottles, clothing, and body weight variation.

That's me story and I'm stickin' to it.

buyagain

Hardtailcruzer wrote: People who advertise bike weights without pedals are, well... :x
I would love to see more people commenting their personal bike weights for those who want to fib, exaggerate, or otherwise falsely misrepresent themselves then you must remember to ask me about "that whoosing noise that I hear in the back ground." So for those that want to be honest please let us hear your finished personal bike weights. And, yes even an all out trip weight would be interesting. It's just a learning process and can actually result in a point system to fairly match others in road rallies in the future.
Hardtailcruzer wrote: n talking about bike weight, it needs to be remembered that the mass you're moving is a combination of bike weight and rider weight. Once you look at the entire package, a couple of pounds difference in bike weight is no real difference at all; it's in the noise of your water bottles, clothing, and body weight variation.

Doug;
You mind running that by me one more time? If I get you right, then I'm going to convince Teacherbill that by gaining a little more weight he can decrease bikes total percent of his total weight package thereby increasing his chances against me in a race. bhawahahahahah.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I'm afraid to weigh mine. However, I bet I'll win the 'smallest percentage of total mass' contest. :oops:

I'll guess that mine is less than 40lbs. Aluminum frame, hubs, rims and shocks. If I can find a set of scales, I'll weigh it and the Baron. I'll bet the Baron is heavier...but not by much.