What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What gradient slope are you on when hitting that extremely high 99.3 kph speed?
Have you worked out your CdA?
You certainly need disk brakes to slow down from 100 kph with out destroying your carbon rims!!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
No idea what a CDA is? sounds like a PDA

Grade is only about 6-8% but it's a nearly strait for about a mile so I can just relax in the middle of the right lane and just coast. There is no real need to brake at the bottom as it flattens out gradually over another mile. So many other places I ride are way steeper then 10% but also have corners continuously so I rarely get over 50mph before needing to scrub speed to the next corner. I do indeed have disc brakes after melting several sets of pads on my carbon rims earlier this year with the original rims brake setup. The brake fade I was experiencing was down right dangerous at speed constantly over 40 mph.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I don't know the exact numeric value of my CDA but I estimate it's a bit less then a Kensworth truck but slightly more then the Arion1. Hope that helps :rolleyes:
tar.png

_79135931_arion1-2.jpg

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Someone on a motorbike drew alongside, got really close. He started to accelerate and grabbed my bars. As he sped off I fell off. He was gone. Very lucky I was that there was no vehicle close behind. I banged my elbow and got a graze. That is the elbow I broke a few years ago. Bike was not damaged except for a broken mirror, so I rode it home.

If I had had my wits about me I could have grabbed his hand.

Actually, what is more important than him is all the people who stopped to see if I was alright. That is truly the way I feel.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Someone on a motorbike drew alongside, got really close. He started to accelerate and grabbed my bars. As he sped off I fell off. He was gone. Very lucky I was that there was no vehicle close behind. I banged my elbow and got a graze. That is the elbow I broke a few years ago. Bike was not damaged except for a broken mirror, so I rode it home.

If I had had my wits about me I could have grabbed his hand.

Actually, what is more important than him is all the people who stopped to see if I was alright. That is truly the way I feel.
Make a police report... That idiot probably got a kick out of it and will want to do it again.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I'd be talking to the local tv station with a description of the cycle and rider. That ones likely to get air time.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
A rear camera would have caught the motor bike front number plate, IF you are in a state that requires front N Plates!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Back in the 1970's in Sth Australia, front Number plates were required ,even on trail bikes!
At some time after 1980 the rules changed.
1975 06 Bike jump Mike.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rode it to and from work today for the 3rd time this week and a grand total of 300 miles of commuting of the three days. I also hit 64.9mph for a new max speed PR and then signed up for a super mountainous Double Century going on next week I think. Could another Double Century victory be in the works for team Cruzbike?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I had a great ride today. Probably not as far as some but I enjoyed it. Downhill, the vendetta is unbeatable unless you have velomobile behind you. I was tracking and hunting down a fast DF rider but he managed to get the better of me on a slight ascent. Could only be perhaps 2 to 3 gradient but he gradually pulled away from me. Must be something to a power to weight ratio and that and a lighter bike for sure. I had the added pleasure of drafting behind a tractor for a mile or two.:cool:

The black prince Swissstop's brake pads were a hell of a lot better, and stopping is greatly improved.

Last edited:

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Rode it to and from work today for the 3rd time this week and a grand total of 300 miles of commuting of the three days. I also hit 64.9mph for a new max speed PR and then signed up for a super mountainous Double Century going on next week I think. Could another Double Century victory be in the works for team Cruzbike?
Thats great news. I have been missing the Cruzbike podium race reports lately. When you climb do you essentially do it with raw power or do you use the serpentine/ zig-zag / pull/push method? If you do use the pull method what is your take on it and is it possible to get a short video of the handle bar front fork movement from the seat? I'm still not sure I have this down correctly.

telephd

Guru
ChaleJake, I ride our Softrider off road all the time. Have several hundred miles on Rails-to-Trails trails and local backroads and firetrails. Except for occasional front wheel slip on steeper climbs and loose dirt the Softrider is an excellent off-roading choice. First pic is Rails-to-Trails outfit with 1.5 tires and second two firetrail outfit with 1.95 tire.

20150707_15.JPG

CAM00346.jpg

CAM00363.jpg

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Just tweaking a little:
Before--
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After--
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Moving the lower cage forward made those bottles very easy to reach with either hand. So much easier that when I'm out of fluid in the outer bottles, I'll switch the full ones mounted to the seat itself with the empty outer ones.
Using the clineometer app to make the cages as nearly the same angle as possible made it look better. (imho)

When I get a bunch of $$ that I don't know what to do with, I'll buy some of those aero bottles from Giant ;)
In the meantime, happy happy happy with the extra capacity.

Once again, thanks to @JOSEPHWEISSERT for the idea and the link for the lower mounts.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Actually did this about 3 weeks ago. Needed new chain so it seemed a good time to stop the 'round rings trial' (at just over 1100 miles) and start the 'aero q rings trial'.
As before when mounting q rings, I hope it's right. Plan was to mount them for quicker acceleration and spinning rather than mashing and top end speed.
Subjectively, my acceleration improved immediately (a lot) and I feel I've gained an extra couple of gears when climbing. Could be all in my head though o_O
image.jpeg image.jpeg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thats great news. I have been missing the Cruzbike podium race reports lately. When you climb do you essentially do it with raw power or do you use the serpentine/ zig-zag / pull/push method? If you do use the pull method what is your take on it and is it possible to get a short video of the handle bar front fork movement from the seat? I'm still not sure I have this down correctly.

I honestly think the zig zag method is rather useless unless you cadence is well below where you should be. Zig Zag for quick sprints because your just going all out for for sustained effort I consider it useless. I'm sure there are those who think it works all the time but I just don't agree myself. Also I don't climb that fast on the Vendetta, it just seems that way because I can compensate so much going DH and on the flats over an all day ride, I'm getting killed on the climbs.

I just finished up and easy 180 miles with a friend who was the one who told me about next weeks double.