What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

hoyden

Here is this chain at 700+ miles since waxing.
That's impressive. It looks likely I will have waxed chains in my future. I have an old crock pot and an ultrasonic cleaner, just need some wax. I plan to buy a second chain and swap them for periodic waxing as needed. Do you wax brand new chains before first use?

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
It's a used vendetta but no damage except road rash on my elbow. Short one mile walk home. The tire change went smoothly. I'm learning the vendetta, but it's a different animal than the quest. The bike was down by the time I realized I had a flat. I gotta watch for those potholes

Bill K

Guru
If this is being fitted to the V20 as a rear brake then will it fit? The 140 rear rotor I have only just fits - and this was after filing off 1mm of the weld on the rear dropouts.
I am using a 160mm rotor on the V20 rear wheel. I needed the extra clearance between the spokes and HY/RD caliper.
I did need to file off a bit of the weld, about 0.2mm or so. No big deal.

Bill K

Guru
I updated my nighttime visibility: Giro helmet with Vis360 helmet light, plus reflective yellow booties.
If you point the helmet light down, it lights up your legs, the V20 boom, and the booties.
This winter, drivers will be reaching for their sunglasses instead of their cell phones (I hope).
IMG_0054.jpg Booties.png

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
That's impressive. It looks likely I will have waxed chains in my future. I have an old crock pot and an ultrasonic cleaner, just need some wax. I plan to buy a second chain and swap them for periodic waxing as needed. Do you wax brand new chains before first use?

It's a lot easier to get a new chain clean, so now i clean new chains before using, and wax them. Used ones just need a little more work. I use the ultrasonic on the new ones to get started but still follow all the cleaning steps on the Molten Speed Wax website. The first cleaning of any chain is a pain but other than race chains, there's little need to go through that process again. Very detailed instructions on their website, and imho the extra trouble is well worth it.

My bike shop waxed my S30 chain and I love the result. I'll be waxing from now on and will convert my other bikes to wax. I had asked the owner about waxing and when he was putting on new cables he waxed the chain. No charge. My kind of bike shop.

Yesterday, I did the Hub City ride, Etown, Ky. Answered a few questions for folks and saw a Bacchetta and Encore on the ride. Great day.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
What did I do to my Cruzbike today?

Before the ride:

-Aired up the tires;
-checked the skewers and fasteners;
-centered the rear caliper ... got to refresh the blue Loktite on the adjusting screw;
-and replaced the depleted batteries in the lights.

After the ride:
Boast about the group of bicyclists I passed like they were standing still!
-Because they were standing still, talking to each other. They were standing still.
Boast about the old dude I passed going uphill.
-Now that's just not fair. Sorry. Forget I mentioned this. Never mind.

-Turned the lights off;
-removed the water bottle.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Set them up in the garage to ensure we can power the kickrs off of the truck for next weekend's adventure.

14317326_10153931447459021_957688626996321674_n.jpg

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Re-clocked my Q-rings to OCP #1 (was #4). Haven't tried 'em yet but will do so Friday afternoon. @ #4, my average cadence has been running between 70-80rpm in the flats and then mid 90's for climbs. I've been running out of HR on extended climbs (esp. in this heat and with my low level of training). We'll see!

Also contacted Robert and ordered a standard chain-stay (currently 'large'). I re-measured my X-seam the other day and I've lost several inches. You could say 'I've lost my a$$'. :D I will see increased cockpit room as the BB drops (the handlebar mount point rises due to pivot) so I may either slam the headset or remove the curved slider. I love tinkering with this stuff anyway...:cool:

Last edited:

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Videos of your bicycling shadow as it jumps up, down, and around the ground, plants, and man made objects is also interesting.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Road my Ridely DF bike last Thursday and when I got done noticed a nice black chainring tattoo on my inner calf. Wow I haven't had one of those in like forever I thought. Promptly ultrasonic cleaned the whole drive system and waxed the chain. Now both road variants on my quiver use waxed chains.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Added a lumbar support (piece of 1/2" workout pad, tapered with breadknife), did some inspection/checks (front brake cable clamp was loose), installed a small wedge storage pouch under the seat for wallet, keys, glasses, etc. Removed Camelbak bladder and actually washed it...inside and out. Getting a little grungy there...

I was going to ride this weekend but life got in the way. I need to get on the stick and order the front light for riding after dark. I know which one I want, just have to push that little button.

This week I'm planning on resuscitating the Catrike. Needs new tires/tubes all around and a general tune-up. Bro' Don has acquired a GRR and is wanting to go ride...but his pace will be so slow (and on the MUT) that I'll need something that won't fall over at 3mph. :eek: Once I work him up to the nether regions of the V20's slow-roll, it will be good training (for me) to ride the V20 with him.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rode some 400 miles in two days to go pick up an award. I also took part in a double century along the way and got dropped on a climb by some guy on a trike, dude was moving. Met lots of people and let one of them ride the V for about 5 mins and now he wants one. Now I'm chilling at home eat chocolate chip cookies with a tall glass of milk for recovery reasons ;)

Trike had batteries :rolleyes:
4C8E77E7-CABB-4338-BAEC-34F2145BA611_zpsgeullg44.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Re-clocked my Q-rings to OCP #1 (was #4). Haven't tried 'em yet but will do so Friday afternoon. @ #4, my average cadence has been running between 70-80rpm in the flats and then mid 90's for climbs. I've been running out of HR on extended climbs (esp. in this heat and with my low level of training). We'll see!
I set my large ring (53) OCP#1 for the best on the flats, and set the small ring (38) to OCP#5 for the climbs. I think it is the best of both worlds.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I set my large ring (53) OCP#1 for the best on the flats, and set the small ring (38) to OCP#5 for the climbs. I think it is the best of both worlds.
Yah, I will probably test a similar set-up eventually. I've only ridden the OCP#1 position twice now...and only for a few miles with no serious climbing. It feels odd...not bad...but different. I'll be picking up a 36-t QXL to play with soon.