What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

hoyden

I survived, the bike survived...we won't try that route again. :oops:
Hindsight is good. I've had a few spills on S30, enough to have some respect for my limitations. I fell about 3 weeks ago starting off from a stoplight and landed on my left knee. Some road rash and I rode home. The next day and for the next 4-5 days I limped around unfit to ride or hike. Even now the knee twinges a bit. There's a fine line between pushing my performance envelope and doing something I will regret.

nsfr1206

I rode my Vendetta today! Layne and I met on a quiet road and we rode about 9 miles. I had a penny farthing type bike so knew a little about pedal steer. I'm still a little directionally challenged but no crashes today!

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Left the cold frozen tundra of Georgia and went South. Rode the withlacoocee trail and back, then went to Key West and rode back to Key Largo. Finished up by checking on Amanda Coker at Flatwoods park to see how the world record attempt is coming along. I must say it is impressive. She is on cruise control at 20 mph all day long. She has the women's record already. Look for a new overall (mens/women) record come 15 May.
https://www.facebook.com/connie.swinson.3/videos/10210970694845579/

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Left the cold frozen tundra of Georgia and went South. Rode the withlacoocee trail and back, then went to Key West and rode back to Key Largo. Finished up by checking on Amanda Coker at Flatwoods park to see how the world record attempt is coming along. I must say it is impressive. She is on cruise control at 20 mph all day long. She has the women's record already. Look for a new overall (mens/women) record come 15 May.
https://www.facebook.com/connie.swinson.3/videos/10210970694845579/

Does she ride the same route or same few routes everyday? Are the routes loops to help with quick refueling? I kind of like the idea of the distance in a year record but the idea that a rider would ride the same easy route everyday for a year just to ensure a record seems crazy to me. It definitly takes a special breed of person to go for that record. I also love when the women kick the guys A$$es in these ultra races.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
She rides the same seven mile loop every day; day after day. There is an occasional exception but very rare. The loops are for safety, and refueling. Mom and dad set up at the Hq and have everything she would need. The same route every day gives her a group of riders that can always hop in and provide company. The silky smooth road keeps the flats and wear and tear on the bike down. Kurt found flatwoods park towards the end of his historic record breaking ride and it made a huge difference. The static logistical support is a huge savings on money and effort. Keep in mind this is a mileage distance record. It is how many miles you pedal, nothing else matters. Places like flat woods are the logical locations for any serious attempt on the record. My bet is this park becomes the mecca for wanna-be record breakers although Southern Cal probably has some great locations. Here is Ms daisy surrounded by mom and dad.
a-fam-e1480358894116.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yesterday I setup the Vendetta in the stationary trainer in preparation for the next two months of riding indoors with a cast on my hand. Decided to take the Ridley out for a 115 mile spin with a few friends on the wet roads(no rain during ride). This was my longest DF bike ride in about half a year and my neck it's used to holding my head up I guess because my neck is stiff as hell today. Just like reconditioning my butt for the saddle it takes a little time to do the same with the upper body as well.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
She rides the same seven mile loop every day; day after day. There is an occasional exception but very rare. The loops are for safety, and refueling. Mom and dad set up at the Hq and have everything she would need. The same route every day gives her a group of riders that can always hop in and provide company. The silky smooth road keeps the flats and wear and tear on the bike down. Kurt found flatwoods park towards the end of his historic record breaking ride and it made a huge difference. The static logistical support is a huge savings on money and effort. Keep in mind this is a mileage distance record. It is how many miles you pedal, nothing else matters. Places like flat woods are the logical locations for any serious attempt on the record. My bet is this park becomes the mecca for wanna-be record breakers although Southern Cal probably has some great locations. Here is Ms daisy surrounded by mom and dad.
a-fam-e1480358894116.jpg

At heart I feel like this method of maximizing the mileage per the rules at the cost of route variety kind of cheapens the prestige of the record. For most riding a bike is all about taking you to new places and this just isn't that. She still gets my deepest respect for the effort but I'd like to see more variety it the routes personally.

The guy that held the record for all those year, how did he do it?

I find it funny how I look at the effort and think "I could do that" physically. Mentally I think I'd break down well before the finish. It'd be like locking someone in isolation, they be a little off when you talk to them after the ordeal.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
I ride the same 4 mile route pretty often for practice and training but can't wait for confidence and skill to take vendetta anywhere I want to go. I'm envious of you guys who can spend hours on end on your bikes. No pun intended

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Vendetta in the stationary trainer in preparation for the next two months of riding indoors
I guess you are ok with that??? Just that idea of being in the same space suffering doesn't warm me up one bit. But sure see your determination. Ratz listens to audiobooks...

1happyreader

zen/child method
At heart I feel like this method of maximizing the mileage per the rules at the cost of route variety kind of cheapens the prestige of the record. For most riding a bike is all about taking you to new places and this just isn't that. She still gets my deepest respect for the effort but I'd like to see more variety it the routes personally.
The almost closed route does provide SAFETY, remember this guy in the UK ??
Cyclist attempting to break long-distance record is hit by moped

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I guess you are ok with that??? Just that idea of being in the same space suffering doesn't warm me up one bit. But sure see your determination. Ratz listens to audiobooks...
Hell no I'm not ok with that but if my hand is in a cast what choice do I have right?

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Here's a different sort of monotony for you: Walking a thousand miles in a thousand hours. Actually the same out-and-back mile a thousand times.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/former-champion-jockey-richard-dunwoody-1030564