What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rode the vendetta in zwift for about 50 miles. no races today but i did manage to tempt a few other riders into an all out hill climb effort and i manages to take to climbing kom which nets you the red polkadot jersey for 1 hour or until someone tops your time. took me 30 mins before i figured out how to even switch my avatar into the jersey :lol

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I have finally completed notebook stand for my Vendetta on turbo trainer. Now I can work while peddaling. I am testing it right now. It is made of coroplastic and custom 3D printed parts connected by cable ties.

Attachments

• 2016-12-13 14.47.11.jpg
    2016-12-13 14.47.11.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 49

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have finally completed notebook stand for my Vendetta on turbo trainer. Now I can work while peddaling. I am testing it right now. It is made of coroplastic and custom 3D printed parts connected by cable ties.
Sweet!!!!!!

Bill K

Guru
Spent some vacation time updating lighting and shifting on the V20:
New Gemini Duo headlight and Dosun taillight from Action Led.
Now I have a great low beam (my old Edelux II) aimed low so it will not blind fellow commuters on the bike path, and a great high beam (Gemini) controlled by wireless remote for when I don't want to slow down just because it is dark, rainy, or whatever.

Upgraded to Shimano DI2 (and yes, I am inherently impatient and could not wait a few more months for the next-gen x-shifter).
This is the RD-6870 GS Ultegra rear derailleur (medium cage), Wolf Tooth Road Link, and 11- speed 11-42 cassette.
All wiring is internal, with the battery located in the boom, next to the handlebars.
The Road Link works well to extend the max sprocket size of the derailleur. It shifts nicely.

Attachments

• HighBeam.jpg
    HighBeam.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 55
  • LowBeam.jpg
    LowBeam.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 58
  • TailLight.jpg
    TailLight.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DI2.jpg
    DI2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 49

Bill K

Guru
Practiced stopping and starting on a 13% uphill grade.
Mostly because practice is good, and partly because my lungs and legs were competing to see which could produce the most pain, and this was intended to be a no-pain ride.

LighthouseClimb.jpg

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Removed old Rotor Q34 small ring, installed new Rotor QXL36. No issues. Set both at OCP 4. I'll think about splitting them up later.
Removed Speedplay SYZR pedals (and cleats) and replaced with Shimano SPD 540s. The SYZR pedals and I never 'bonded' and it was a PITA to have one pair of shoes different than the rest. Two minutes after the switchover, I was thinking, "ahhhh...good old SPDs!"

t.c103

Got my new handlebar on the Vendetta just to have a look..... Its a Deda lowrider with dura ace shifters and levers from SJS cykles in UK.
The original bar with Sram levers its still hanging under the Deda in the wires....
WIN_20161225_09_43_03_Pro.jpg WIN_20161225_09_43_46_Pro.jpg

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Got my new handlebar on the Vendetta just to have a look..... Its a Deda lowrider with dura ace shifters and levers from SJS cykles in UK.
The original bar with Sram levers its still hanging under the Deda in the wires....
View attachment 3905 View attachment 3906
Hmm did that brake placement work out well?
I used a different (reverse) brake on mine (which also uses the lowrider bars).
I used something like the Tektro RL720, but I had carbon fiber levers.
You can thread the cable/housing in "backwards" on these levers, thus having the cable come out the bottom. In my case, I was able to get the cable internally routed as I could get the housing to enter one of the holes in the bars that was already there.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Installed new adjustable boom stabilizer upper spring mount....If your frame came from the factory with the lower stud mount already installed would you purchase an accessory like this that allowed you to easily push the bike around via the headrest without worry of the boom swinging around and slaming your brake into the frame? It makes moving the vendetta around by the headrest as easy as moving a DF bike via the seat.
:emoji_heavy_check_mark:Yes...I'd love having the option to add this right from the factory. It doesn't "seem" that there would be a huge cost factor involved in providing it, nor would it prevent other uses for that area if one elected to forego it. Those who are curious and want to give a boom stabilizer a try could, and those otherwise inclined, wouldn't incur any loss of functionality.

I added these pedals and I find them an improvement over my clip less pedals.

****Sharing an email from the company that others might find useful. There is an interesting article in this email.

-----Begin Email----
Hi Dennis,

When I talk to people about the Catalyst Pedal I tell them that it isn't a product as much as a mission for me. Giving riders a real, no-compromises alternative to clipless pedals is something that means a lot to me and the real driving force behind Pedaling Innovations.

This is why I love getting feedback from riders who have gone from hard core clipless pedal users to flat pedal advocates based on their experience with the Catalyst Pedals. And it's even better if they are bike shop mechanics and self-professed bike fit geeks who use a math equation for setting up everything on their bike.

But that is what happened to Adam Lopez, a wrench in a shop here in Colorado who is also a musician (which is why his blog is mostly about that). Adam felt strongly enough about his experience that he wanted to share it with other riders in a post to his blog, which you can read by clicking the link below.

Click here to read Adam's post about his experience of going from clipless pedal user to flat pedal fan.

Like Adam found out, clipless pedals were never the best option, they were just better in some ways than the crappy flat pedal designs we had on the market. The unstable, unbalanced foot created by the standard flat pedal created the problems solved by clipless pedals but once you give the foot the right platform those issues go away.

This means that you can have the performance of clipless, the fun and safety of flats and better comfort than any other pedal on the market.

So if you are on the fence about trying the Catalyst Pedals please check out Adam's post, as well as the testimonials and other reviews we have linked to on our site. Like these and thousands of other riders have found out, the Catalyst Pedals will change your mind about how a flat pedal can and should perform.

Until next time…

Ride Strong,

James Wilson
MTB Strength Training Systems and Pedaling Innovations

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I added these pedals and I find them an improvement over my clip less pedals. There is an interesting article in this email.
Hi Dennis,

When I talk to people about the Catalyst Pedal I tell them that it isn't a product as much as a mission for me. Giving riders a real, no-compromises alternative to clipless pedals is something that means a lot to me and the real driving force behind Pedaling Innovations.

This is why I love getting feedback from riders who have gone from hard core clipless pedal users to flat pedal advocates based on their experience with the Catalyst Pedals. And it's even better if they are bike shop mechanics and self-professed bike fit geeks who use a math equation for setting up everything on their bike.

But that is what happened to Adam Lopez, a wrench in a shop here in Colorado who is also a musician (which is why his blog is mostly about that). Adam felt strongly enough about his experience that he wanted to share it with other riders in a post to his blog, which you can read by clicking the link below.

Click here to read Adam's post about his experience of going from clipless pedal user to flat pedal fan.

Like Adam found out, clipless pedals were never the best option, they were just better in some ways than the crappy flat pedal designs we had on the market. The unstable, unbalanced foot created by the standard flat pedal created the problems solved by clipless pedals but once you give the foot the right platform those issues go away.

This means that you can have the performance of clipless, the fun and safety of flats and better comfort than any other pedal on the market.

So if you are on the fence about trying the Catalyst Pedals please check out Adam's post, as well as the testimonials and other reviews we have linked to on our site. Like these and thousands of other riders have found out, the Catalyst Pedals will change your mind about how a flat pedal can and should perform.

I agree that there is a big push for clipless pedals in biking in general. And that a lot of people might be well served by using flat pedals.

But SWB bikes in general and MBB bikes in particular are different. When clipping in, you no longer have to hold your feet to the pedals (where this clearly isn't a problem on upright bicycles).

I don't think I would have learned how to ride with no hands without clipless pedals (although I can do it now). And pinned pedals means absolutely no float (which can be a big deal for many people). And I find it harder to start with flat pedals (even with having to clip in) because I'm used to pulling the pedal into the right position.

So flat pedals are a great choice for a lot of people, but particularly for recumbents, you'll have a much harder time getting many of us to give them up. (I have dual sided flat/clipless pedals on all of my bikes and only use the flat side when I'm tuning bikes).

p.s. There are several devoted MBB riders who do not clip in and are happy not doing it. And I see no need to try to convince them otherwise. :)

Cruzbike Chris

Just because I had one in the garage and read about it here. Just sitting on it makes a huge difference. Probably no big deal while on the trainer but we shall see when I get outside. Follow up pending.....
image.jpeg

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Just because I had one in the garage and read about it here. Just sitting on it makes a huge difference. Probably no big deal while on the trainer but we shall see when I get outside. Follow up pending.....

You will have to occasionally double check it; mine slipped after about 500 miles; wasn't tight enough

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
When I first got my Silvio it was rally uncomfortable and I kept getting pinch flats. This was cured when I realised that the shock had too much air in it. Later the discomfort and pinch flats came back. The shock was flat. Getting the right amout of air makes a huge difference.