What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Apologies to those of you who are waiting for that second batch of headrest clamps. I've been too busy today devising a highly breathable method of keeping Gnats out of my lungs :rolleyes: Now it's time to head out and attack that twilight/night time century.
1389C54B-712D-4974-BB1E-541F57868DCE_zps9hohb7hc.jpg

Robert O

I'm already using the giro air attack shield but that doesn't stop them from getting in from underneath.
Yeah, I was blasting down the valley on my way home tonight, when some little flying thing ended up buzzing around between the shield and my face. Turned my head to the right and it blew out, but it was kind of annoying...

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Just finished up a quick after work century with 8,200' of accent. I can't sayb getting any faster at climbing on the V but it is becoming ever so slightly less messerable. Mesh face masked worked like a charm:D

t.c103

Just a simple Shed Construction made of a thin metalprofiles and some plywood. fixed to the frame at the headrest tubes and the adjustment screws under the Seat. Also used the holes for discbrakecaliper.... works fine at least for now...

Robert O

Just a simple Shed Construction made of a thin metalprofiles and some plywood. fixed to the frame at the headrest tubes and the adjustment screws under the Seat. Also used the holes for discbrakecaliper.... works fine at least for now...
I love the taillights. Somewhere between 50's Cadillac and later vintage Starship Enterprise!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Today I install some Dura Ace 9000 calipers and machined my pads flat again to try and get that last bit of life. Really like the feel of these calipers over the FSA stuff that was on there. Still for these big mountain rides I've been doing I'm starting to lean toward disc brakes because the V picks up speed to quickly and I'm torching my carbon friendly pads.

Then I cut out of work an hour early to do a quick century to the top of the Mt and back. Pushed a solid effort the whole time which I normally don't do and racked up a bunch of PRs as a result. Sorry but no summit pics because I could literally only see about 15' due to the low clouds.
https://www.strava.com/activities/543795050

24FECF8E-F51F-4720-BA1B-D6554442B7B7_zpsnjxgbtup.jpg

099EF50C-141B-43E2-8B50-7E75DFACFAAD_zps9fzexjde.jpg

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
My used V's rear SRAM Red caliper was full of grit; it was grabby and mechanically kind of trashed because of all that road grime.
RojoRacing's great picture of his filthy brake reminded me of this.
I disassembled, cleaned, lubed and reassembled the caliper and returned it to good working order.
Anyway, why are these expensive racing brakes open to being fouled by filth thrown into the mech. by the tire?
I loop some wide painters tape -mine is the blue paper masking tape- loosely around the middle to fend off the road grime.
A better solution would be a shorty fender under the center of the caliper... and should be stock.

I just thought RojoRacing would have fun thinking about this while he pounds out some after-work KOMs!
Your welcome and
ride on.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Well I am in CA so riding through water only happens 0.001% of the time but it just so happens that the after work 100 mile route I've been doing has two 3' wide 1" streams crossing the road. They never bothered adding a subterranean bypass because the stream is almost always empty and the road only get 20-30 cars a day. I don't think I'll worry about the water I collect from those two streams since they'll be dry in a month anyways. If I get bored I'll think if a minimalist way to shield the rear brakes when it's in the upper position. If you running fenders I imagine the brake is already protected.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Just got back from another after work century on the Vendetta. Melted my brake pads for the 3rd time in two weeks so that was the final straw, I just ordered a set of Carbon Disc wheels. Snapped a quick photo at the Mt Hamilton summit show just how far in any direction you must go before reaching civilization. Temp go down to 36 degs plus you figure at least a 35mph wind chill because of the stiff head wind the whole way back. I wasn't expecting those low of temps so my toes are totally numb now :(
29558EDC-13DD-42DE-AABE-BB831F73BA42_zpshmoecdc6.jpg

C60062F8-59C7-4710-B013-CFD20AF6B8FD_zpsv1gefevi.jpg

BE78C60B-817D-455C-B7D1-BA897AFFFF35_zpsdmd1cib3.jpg

hoyden

This is more of a "What I did while riding my USS Azub Max today" thinking about my soon to be delivered Cruzbike. If folks get extra propulsion from the arms engaging the handlebars then I could try this now. I did. I used my legs to push myself against the seat harder than usual and at the same time used my arms to push against the handlebars. Pretty quickly my speed increased a few mph and my heart rate went from a piddling 125 to over 140. Hmmm...nice! Prior to this my upper body exerted no force on the handlebars beyond steering, and pedal propulsion came solely from the legs without much pressure against the seat. I've ridden this way for years. I discovered I could modulate my effort (heart rate/speed) by modulating the force in my arms, legs, and pressure against the seat.

I saw my average speed over 35 miles increase from 13.5 to 14.2 even with a 10-25 mph SW wind (my nemesis). Average heart rate up from 128 to 138.

I can do this with my current ride while thinking about doing it with my Silvio. If the Gods of delivery smile on me, mabye late next week!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Well I didn't ride the Vendetta today because it's at my shop for the weekend but I did ride with some friends on my DF ridley. It was a very pleasant change to be able to ride no hands, and hold a perfectly steady line through so very fast corners and poorly maintained pavement. The wind against my body always gave me the impression of going a little faster then I really was but I think my big ears catch more wind noise in the DF position. This week was a big week on the Vendetta with 361 miles and over 32,000' of climbing. I'm feeling a little burnt out so it'll be good timing to tear apart the V and start again anew with different component direction this week.