What glue to hold seat edge strip on

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Super Slim wrote: What glue to hold seat edge strip on, as I have used silastic with little succes.
I tried the glue from a bicycle tube repair kit. That didnt hold. Then i visited P?r Koie Kofod, and while talking about the bike i complained. He used woodglue, alot of it, and the edge strip still holds. (11 days and counting).

He also mentioned some rubber edge strips with small metal clamps in it. The car industry uses it, and he said i could buy it from Leitra.dk, probably because i hang around in Leitra.dk's workshop every thursday in the Copenhagen recumbent club.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I used gorilla glue on mine and it's stayed in place for the better part of a year. Go easy on the stuff, though, it expands and dries white.

I used shoe goo on Tom's build. I know that's good stuff, too, but Tom will have to verify if its holding. I recommend Gorilla Glue with the caveat be careful, it is messy.

Mark

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Guys,
Sorry about posting this question.
If I had used the search engine, I would have found the answer.
I will use Loctite 263 along one piece of new trim AND use some mini cable ties at the base ends and the top of the seat in the tight bends.

Regards

Super Slim

JonB

Zen MBB Master
both mine are now completly off. I put it back on daily. I was thinking that if Cruzbike Inc. made marks/tooth/serration in the edge then glue would hold better.

teacherbill

I took mine off and have left it off. Have just recently put the rear cushion back on. Back was getting a little sore when riding above the 50 mile mark. But it was reminder for me to take a break..... Still ticks off the DF crowd when I am ready to go for more and all they talk about is the pain they are having ......

psychling

No Seat Edge Strip

I took the strip off my Silvio. Never really understood why it was there in the first place. If the bike falls over and the metal / paint is scuffed up I'll just deal with it.