What if the end of the boom look like this

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Oh .. I see what you mean.

Oh .. I see what you mean. use various length bolts and spacers to alter the height.

Or how about a sleeve that is clamped over the steerer which you cut to length (or provide a few different lengths) and which carries the pivot clamp.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
John,
 The only reason was to

John,
The only reason was to limit the complicated ?machining to only one part that contacts the steerer tube.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I relooked at Eric's Vendetta

I relooked at Eric's Vendetta detailed build photos today, which are VERY GOOD and noticed that the headstem goes INTO the BB main tube.

This looks a LOT stronger and lighter than the Silvio (BB Main tube? what is the correct name of this part?) to headstem attachment, with lots of length AND height adjustments!

I realize that this would be more expensive BB tube than the Silvio, as it is a machined tube to give extra wall thickness in the cut out area to maintain strength.
The advantage of this would that Vendetta AND the Silvio would be the same in this area, reducing the range of parts required to be made!

This also gives a good area for the brake and derailieur cables to come out of the BB tube.
It would also LOOK a lot better with the brushed Aluminum tube!

Super Slim

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Not only that but the pivot

Not only that but the pivot cage on the Vendetta slider is also a musical cross wind detector
tongue_smile.gif

-Eric

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Do you have a different

Do you have a different number of holes covered on each side, so you can tell if the wind is coming from the right or left by the tone difference?

Super Slim

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
No but the tone does change a

No but the tone does change a bit as the wind clocks around. It really is a nice melodic sound. Surprised the hell out of me the first time it happened.

-Eric