What kind of attention does *your* bike get?

I get the usual "cool bike" too, but this year I get a new one....and happened and the funny thing is that it happened THREE times this year.....motorcyclists (I think they were all on Harleys) have passed me with their feet up off the pegs, pedaling in mid air.

Last edited:

Suz

I love little boys comments. They are so polite, "I love your bike" "whoa, cool bike" "dude, did you see that bike?" and they stop what they're doing and stare. It's adorable. I think I've only had one little girl comment.

What's nice is, the bike breaks the ice and brings smiles or inquisitive looks with adults and kids.

Funny you mention motorcycles John, I usually get the motorcycle low hand wave and big smiles from motorcycles. But never have I had them raise their legs in a peddle salute. Lol, that's classic!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Kids like my bikes. When I get on and off, people want to talk sometimes. A recumbent is so rare that they do not notice that the Silvio is FWD MBB. Only those who think the Grasshopper is normal notice that.

My favourite reaction ever? Somebody shouted "Get back to the 1930s, you freak!"

So many shouts of "Wheelie" it gets boring. Gonna have to learn to do a stoppie on the Silvio. I do not think the Grasshopper can.