what to wear?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
After a couple test rides these are fast moving up my preferred chart for hip and leg protection; super light and flexible; more so than some of my riding shorts. However, You aren't going grocery shopping in these yoga shorts.
Look like Batman undies.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
After a couple test rides these are fast moving up my preferred chart for hip and leg protection; super light and flexible; more so than some of my riding shorts. However, You aren't going grocery shopping in these yoga shorts.

http://www.storelli.com/bodyshield-sliders.html
Is this an undergarment or you use them as shorts?

They look good for the races if you flat. You might cut up your knees but the butt looks well protected

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
They have leg guards and pants also on this site. I'm looking at the pants for long downhills so I can go fast with being protected!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Is this an undergarment or you use them as shorts?

They look good for the races if you flat. You might cut up your knees but the butt looks well protected

They are unders but frankly they cover as well as bike shorts that don't' have a shamy. I'll test this in less popular places to see what sweet does before I don them around crowds.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
The pants look worth a try. I have quite a good hill to climb and now into my third week of the low carb diet I am with good breath and cheer at the top of it. But try as I will I cant do a Jason downhill. I did get to 70rpm today but that as far as I dared and then I Cruze. If I thought I had protection I might go 80+.

jond

Zen MBB Master
now that's just silly

actually not so silly......... when i was learning i rode across a bike path wooden bridge with cross planking. i had bullhorn handlebars which i managed to get caught up in the vertical posts for the guard rail. needless to say the bike came to a sudden stop. my body did not. my testicles were crushed on the beautifully fluid formed nut crusher top bar of the v2. ouch. my rear light flew up in the air i hit that hard. lucky i have had my four children already and dont need my wedding tackle for such purposes these days. fun excluded you understand :) i wince daily as i pass the spot.

and it was witnessed by a lovely lady who offered to help. i should have let her.........

jond

Zen MBB Master
in all seriousness now. when i ride the ass hatchet DF long distance i wear assoss TF Mille bibs. 280 bucks a pair. and use of chamois cream. short distance i wear knicks or cheaper bibs 80 bucks a pair.

when i ride my vendetta any distance i wear kmart lycra shorts no pad and just turn the seams inside out to prevent rubbing. no chamois cream 12 bucks a pair. vendetta comfort cannot be beat unless you ride a silvio etc :)

good for multiple 350klm days. but if you dont turn the seams inside out they rub a painful line between the crown jewels.

as far as modesty goes us aussies dont worrry about such things. beside why worry about the little things :) ha ha

those condom catheters wont fit us aussies they are far too narrow and short so i have just taken to taping myself to the seatpan underside :)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I just have a BIG STRONG AUSSIE bladder, so can go 6 hrs without a toilet stop!
If in Sth Aust. I pee behind a bush, as there are no trees here, due to no water coming from NSW, or Vic