What's on your feet - talking cycle shoes

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Those Keens are comfortable, but a 47 EU size in them must be a 50 EU for other bike shoes!!!
ALWAYS try the shoe out in a LBS!!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Those Keens are comfortable, but a 47 EU size in them must be a 50 EU for other bike shoes!!!
ALWAYS try the shoe out in a LBS!!
Yes they are, and you are correct about sizing at the lbs first. Just to make it even more confusing. These are the latest model, which fit closer to the correct size, but compared to the model before, there is about 1.5 size difference for the same size in the two models.

SamP

Guru
As a long time Keen footwear user, I was tempted to actually order Keen cycling shoes. But when I was looking they had phased out all of their old models and everywhere were essentially out of stock, and the new model was not quite available.

super slim, you've got it backwards, Keens are generally short for their size, not long. They are wide in the toe box though.

I have Sidi Wire Carbon Vernice that I bought from a local bike shop under duress when my DHB's failed on the way to work. I was planning on buying online to save a penny but needed shoes to get home and had money in my pocket.
I have had mixed results buying online my DHB's lasted some time and fit perfectly. I have had trouble with Northwave winter MTB boots that I got first too small then too big. I really want to get the road variant

telephd

Guru
I prefer the sure footing of mountain bike shoes so its SPD pedals for me. Im currently riding in Shimano XC30s (SH-XC-30L) and like them a bunch. Picked them up on sale at REI using a gift card. When I can find a pair of Fizik M5 or M3 I plan to upgrade.

Cruzbike Chris

Got to love my Sidi Dominator Fit! Have been wearing old Nashbar sandals and Bontranger for years until my wifey said to replace them for my birthday this year and we went shopping together. She forced me to try on just about everything out there and these were beyond a doubt the best fitting, feeling and comfortable cycling shoes on the market. They are SPD that's is all I wear since I like to walk normal in my shoes. I have been wearing the, nearly a month now and only regret is that I didn't buy them sooner! Additional bonus they match My Silvio too.....

image.jpeg

Cruzbike Chris

What a great wife!
Yea Kline she hated my old brown mountain bike shoes. They are still comfy and I wear them in bad weather is she isn't around.

Larry, she would be happy to take you shopping just bring a credit card to Texas anytime. I caution you, she is brutally honest about bike apparel and must be color coordinated on every ride too!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Sidi and DMT are hard to beat. Really don't know the difference until you try them; fortunately both make road and mtb shoes with the same uppers and sizes.

LMT

I have three pairs of Sidi carbon shoes. One is MTB for commuting, the other is a road shoe, and the last is another road shoe which is specially made for a Speedplay pedals so it has a four bolt config on the bottom of the shoe rather than the usual three.

All three pairs are super comfortable, required no breaking in period and I don't think I'd wear anything else on my feet. When I first started cycling I'd baulk at spending £200 on a shoe but you get what you pay for.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
All three pairs are super comfortable, required no breaking in period and I don't think I'd wear anything else on my feet. When I first started cycling I'd baulk at spending £200 on a shoe but you get what you pay for.

That and they last forever Sidi's are usually good for 8-9 years

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
tmp_2266-Shoes-1742700097.jpeg Just started using these for my duck feet, I mean wide feet! They are Shimano SH-CT80GO bought at REI. Comfortable for my short rides (less than 100 miles), heavy for record breaking flights.

I have white carbon road shoes that go well with my Silvio and my helmet!
Here is a picture of one of the shoes with some Silvio pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sykkel-bent/albums/72157667000902551

Most of my cycling shoes are MTB shoes.
When I bought a Vendetta I bought road shoes.
The first road shoes I bought were too small.
The road shoes I use are carbon from FLR they are very comfortable.
They are not very practical for walking.
Getting the right fit is not easy with road shoes I agree with what many of you have mentioned.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Larry, she would be happy to take you shopping just bring a credit card to Texas anytime. I caution you, she is brutally honest about bike apparel and must be color coordinated on every ride too!
She definitely would not want to go shopping (or riding) with me.
I think I subconsciously I make sure I "clash" , or at least don't match.
Not that I try to do it, it just happens :0 - Drives my wife nuts - maybe it's a gender thing.. ?
On no - don't get me started - I can feel it - here I go. Gayle has at least 100 pairs of socks - ALL of them different - she has a hard time finding matches sometimes when doing the laundry. Not me: I have 2 colors of socks - white - black. Even I can match those! haha. (I'd wear the white with a suit, buy Gayle would beat me with the toilet plunger - or something else similar!)
Moving onto the closet . we'll start with shoes ..... ok, ok, I'll stop - don't want Ratz to have to start a new thread (or ban me from the forum!)

At Calvin's, I think between my helmet, shoe covers, jersey and back bag I had 4 different types of bright yellow. I guess they knew I was coming around the corner at least! :)