wheel slippage on Silvio 1.5

rich.gertz

I am still struggling heavily with front wheel slippage on steep hills. Any ideas? Tires? I have 25c tires on, can't seem to get anything larger to fit the fork. I'm not sure what the grade is but with my 26/34 combo is steep enough I'm still having to pedal hard to keep 4 mph and the front wheel slips to the point I have to stop or fall over. Some of them are long enough I just can't stay leaned forward that length of time. I really love this bike but I find myself taking out my Bacchetta when I'm going to hit some steep grades. I hate having to avoid routes on my Silvio.

that sounds rough.  26/34

that sounds rough. 26/34 combo and you still have to jam for 4mph? Those must be some steep grades. Although I doubt it will help much, if you have the space to climb the hill at angles, weaving your way up the hill, then this effectively lengthens the hill and reduces the grade.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I have 700 *28 Schwalbe

I have 700 *28 Schwalbe Ultremo ZX on my Silvio V1.0 which I run at 110 psi on dry days and 90 psi (F) on wet days, and get HEAPS more traction than my Cont. 4000s 700*23 at 80 psi, but still will spin for 1/8 to 1/4 revolution on a 11% smooth wet bitumen road.

I had to file part of the top of the front fork,when I increased the pressure to 110 psi so the tyre did not rub.

Trying to pull down on the cleats, to increase my effective power stroke, has helped but I can only do this for a short time.

SS

iow

28c should fit - i changed

28c should fit - i changed from 23c vitorria evo corsa's to 28c vitorria rubino pro's (on an S2.0) and dropped 30 psi, which certainly reduced slippage. i also find a 'bridging' style helps to smooth the power strokes, but i still find slippage to be a significant limiting factor on the steeper slopes.
perhaps the S2.5 will have a longer rear triangle to place more weight over the front axle?