When the weather is this good

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Tanya, looking like a PRO.

Next year?

Great video Bob. And a very nice Cruzbike promo staring Vendetta with the Tanya as the leading lady.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
These tend to be accidents; I dropped daughter at work; and was heading back at 8am and though hmmm we could ambush mom. So the 5 year old and I started stalking her route for good vistas to shoot. I wanted to see if the iphone-5se camera was as good as they said.

So I shoot some slow-mo video, stationary regular video, driving video, and burst camera.

The slow-mo gets a lot of detail but exporting things that are not the key frame is really hard to to do well. But in the end the camera is still worlds ahead of the video quality

I still like the shots taken from the ground the best.....
Also helps when you don't have to tweak the color of the sky.

Extracts from regular stationary video.

Frame-04-07-2016-09-47-40.jpg Frame-04-07-2016-09-46-25.jpg Frame-04-07-2016-09-51-58.jpg Frame-04-07-2016-09-51-31.jpg

Extract from video shot from moving car

Frame-04-07-2016-10-22-51.jpg

Extracts from Slow Mo (key frames only grrrr, need a better processing software)
Frame-04-07-2016-09-49-58.jpg Frame-04-07-2016-10-18-49.jpg

Burst Mode on the camera

IMG_5292.jpg IMG_5297.jpg

The real "photos" you can zoom in really tight and frame your image. The video either you have have the shot you wanted or you have use less than a 2 second clip so that people don't have time to realize it's poorly framed or blurry.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
It always seems that those unintentional get the phone out and start shooting candid shots ends up being some best photography.

I've had pro cameras in the past with tons of settings to get a perfect shot, but my best pics come from my phone camera, point and shoot, the phone does everything else.

We just changed our cellular service from V to S and snagged two of the iPhone 6s for half price. Looking forward to seeing what they are capable of. But only if I can get us fished with the dreaded move. I'm afraid I'm going to miss summer.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
but my best pics come from my phone camera, point and shoot, the phone does everything else.

The guying laying the mud with the crappy camera always gets a better shot than the guy trying to keep his SLR clean. My 5 year old was very confused as to why I was laying in the ditch. She thought I was going to try and scare mom.

That said I would love a 5k camera they have ones that can do video and stills at the same time now. But yeah I think my company needs a drone.... just need a customer project that demands it.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
The guying laying the mud with the crappy camera always gets a better shot than the guy trying to keep his SLR clean. My 5 year old was very confused as to why I was laying in the ditch. She thought I was going to try and scare mom.

That said I would love a 5k camera they have ones that can do video and stills at the same time now. But yeah I think my company needs a drone.... just need a customer project that demands it.
I was daydreaming a few weeks ago about making carbon fiber extension that runs off the back of my bike with a light weight GoPro mounted to it. It would be behind and above me, getting a shot like a drone would. It would be shaped like a fin so it would cut through the air to get as aero as possible.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
When the weather is this good.... I really want to get an Air Dog or other sports drone.
Yes, a drone would be awesome! I'm just waiting for a little longer flight time (like 4 hours! :D)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I was daydreaming a few weeks ago about making carbon fiber extension that runs off the back of my bike with a light weight GoPro mounted to it. It would be behind and above me, getting a shot like a drone would. It would be shaped like a fin so it would cut through the air to get as aero as possible.
I have a friend (Warren B) who rides and races in HPV races. He mounted a rotating pole to the top of his helmet with a GoPro attached to one end aimed at him. He would start it spinning slowly and then take off. It took some really great footage - plus no-one wanted to pass him on the track either! ;)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
how about two 8 ft long CF Fishing poles mounted off the rear wheel stays and each side of the headrest so at 45 degrees, with a short adjustable wing section attached to the top of the two poles and a adjustable GoPro fixed to the underside of the wing, which would hopefully keep the camera steady.

SamP

Guru
how about two 8 ft long CF Fishing poles mounted off the rear wheel stays and each side of the headrest so at 45 degrees, with a short adjustable wing section attached to the top of the two poles and a adjustable GoPro fixed to the underside of the wing, which would hopefully keep the camera steady.

May as well go all out: get a gimbal for your action cam, possibly with a remote control mounted on your handlebar like the RC aircraft people use. e.g.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
360 video ball. Saw one on TV that had, like, 32 cameras mounted in a ~12" sphere. Had an 'apogee' trigger that caught full sphere shot at peak of toss. Burst mode, stitched into video...very neat.

I think they had a helmet mount...