Winter picture for Ratz

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Okay, so no Vendetta or Silvio picture. Not much Winter riding going here in the Northern California for me at least.

This is my first year to encounter almost continuous rain or drizzle since taking up cycling. Yes we need the rain here in California. But it seems to be feast or famine. How about some sunshine now and then?! Now I know what it's to be locked indoors during the Winter. If this lasts much longer, my wife will need to have me placed in a padded cell.

Lets see some winter riding photos to give us something to hope for?

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 12.17.38 PM.png

Robert O

lowres_445542287.jpg

Might even be wetter up here in the Pacific Northwest, Rick. I didn't make it out today, it's actually raining (as opposed to our usual misty drizzle thing) outside. Here's a photo from Cascade's Kick Off The New Year Right ride, a couple of weeks ago when things were chilly but glorious out. We had 80+ riders- and one lone recumbent. I get a lot of recognition up here, no matter what bent I ride.

Robert O

Must have been a fast shutter on that iPhone to catch sunshine in Seattle! Actually, it was a beautiful day. Our problem so far this year is that we've had some really wet days, and we've had a bunch of dangerously frosty days. We have not had both happen at once down here in the lowlands, but the mountain passes have been closed a couple of times. It has made cycling days a little scarce.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Here is a photo of VaMoose relaxing after doing successful dry runs across the frozen plains of Georgia. It dropped into the 50's today but soon moved into the low 70's. The dry runs consisted of downhill coasting without the chain basically checking brakes, cable lengths, and for general creaks and rattles. The astute observer will notice the tool bag shape has been modified from a triangle to a shape filling the space closest to the tire. This provides more storage area and IMO more aesthetically pleasing. VaMoose will be turned into the wild soon.
fire.jpg

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Thank you and yes they are. My better half is pretty proficient with the needle and thread.

VenRiderGuy

Peder, I had the opportunity to visit your beautiful country several years ago. It was wonderful, and I took many, many photos which I revisit often. I was there during the summer and experienced beautiful weather, but I did find it snowing when I visited Nordkapp. The snow didn't last long, but it lent a nice atmosphere to my visit to this most northern point of land. The beautiful people, the ever changing scenery, and the great food keep me thinking about another visit. I especially enjoyed the Lofoten Islands....such beautiful colors.

I have been to the northern part of Norway several times.
The scenery there is spectacular.
I live close to the coast but here there are only hills, so the scenery is not as spectacular as the northern part.
Norway is not a big country but there is a long distance from the south to the North.
If you travel the same distance in the opposite direction you will arrive in Rome.

I have not stopped there. I have passed Bodø when we went by car. They can get a lot of wind sometimes. That area does have a beautiful surronding.

Bentas

Such a sweet looking bike Rick , one of the cleanest in my opinion, the seat mod and the storage attached looks factory finished. Having your mirrors attached where they are says you never ride in the hoods?
Cheers Rob

Tigerpaw

Here is a photo of VaMoose relaxing after doing successful dry runs across the frozen plains of Georgia. It dropped into the 50's today but soon moved into the low 70's. The dry runs consisted of downhill coasting without the chain basically checking brakes, cable lengths, and for general creaks and rattles. The astute observer will notice the tool bag shape has been modified from a triangle to a shape filling the space closest to the tire. This provides more storage area and IMO more aesthetically pleasing. VaMoose will be turned into the wild soon.
fire.jpg
I got to coast on the VaMoose. :) Gotta admit, I like the seat height as compared to my Rifle. One day, trplay will put a chain on that moose and fly. He is plenty fast on the silvio moose.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Paws, VaMoose is now running in the wild. But I gotta dump the 11-36 and go back to the 11-26. The shifting just isn't that great. Come on down and try it out.

Tigerpaw

Paws, VaMoose is now running in the wild. But I gotta dump the 11-36 and go back to the 11-26. The shifting just isn't that great. Come on down and try it out.

Gasman and I plan to come down this Sat. Need to do another 75 or so.