WooooHooo...new S30 delivered today

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Second image with leg extended look pretty good to me. Yeah, the hands sit high on the Silvio. I don't use the hoods as a hand possession like some of the others do. Something like a 40-60mm extension would be great. With a 100mm extension your water bottle will be poking your belly button.

telephd

Guru
Thanks Dan and Rick. I was thinking of a custom length extension too. And Im workin on reducing the aero-belly ! :cool:Ivans bike with the 100 looks like a bit of a closed cockpit though I do like the boom angle.

Dan, how is the S1.0 treating you. Saw your pic in another thread. When are the big rides in the Tucson? Want to meet me over in Baja for the Rosarito-Ensenada or maybe the San Felipe-Ensenada century?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Your build is very similar to me

60mm extension and Gary sweep bars or t2 wing bull horn Brifter

Or no extension and low rider bullhorn brifters

In all cases Move head rest back 20mm and shorten boom the same to raise feet

hurri47

Thanks Dan and Rick. I was thinking of a custom length extension too. And Im workin on reducing the aero-belly ! :cool:Ivans bike with the 100 looks like a bit of a closed cockpit though I do like the boom angle.

Dan, how is the S1.0 treating you. Saw your pic in another thread. When are the big rides in the Tucson? Want to meet me over in Baja for the Rosarito-Ensenada or maybe the San Felipe-Ensenada century?

I'm a hair under 500 miles on the 1.0, and I have it pretty well dialed in after fluffing up the seat padding a little. I even managed to rotate the brifters outward (without even undoing the bar tape!) so I can ride on the hoods without killing my wrists. When my new pedals arrive today, I'm going to call it complete. I do envy your arm extension on the later models though because my elbows can still touch my ribs unless I'm on the hoods.

All the big rides in Tucson - a couple of centuries plus El Tour - are in October-November when we are still tickled by the end of summer. The Silvio has made the traveling squad - it fits in my minivan upright behind the front seats with the rear wheel off and no tie-downs required - and I'm driving it to Maine in a few weeks with daily rail-trail rides planned along the way. (The Silvio for the paved ones and my newly dirt-tired Burley for the gravel.) I'll send you a pic from the top of Cadillac Mountain!

-Dan