WTB - Luggage Rack & Headrest for Quest v3.0

JadenEllis

I just bought a new to me CruzBike Quest 451! I spent more than I could afford, but would really like to find a heavier luggage rack for it, and a headrest if possible.

THANKS

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I recommend the Q Touring and Commuting Rack found on cruzbike.com/q-tour-commute-rack.html page. It is more aero and uses the shock suspension when hitting bumps. Check out the forum Q "I got mine" thread for a pic of this Rack on a Q.There is also a YouTube video on how to install this Rack.
I found (for me) that I don't need a headrest unless reclining the seat way back. I tried over a several months many different seat angles and lately have been riding with seat angle set at about 45 degrees and don't need aheadrest. This higher angle seems easier for me in traffic on my commute especially starting and stopping. But maybe this is only because I did not stay at the 30 to 35 degree angle long enough to get used to it. But when trying the lower angles I used the "ADEM headrest for hard shell seat" and just drilled four holes in my Q seat back to match the bracket that comes with it to install.

Last edited:

JadenEllis

Thanks for the reply :) I have been looking at that rack and would REALLY like to order it, BUT I'm a bit frustrated - I have found several promo discount codes online, that say they are not expired, yet the CruzBike cart says they are ALL invalid. I have tried to email CruzBike with questions (three times) and have not received a reply to any.

I'm going to have to do some more searching here on the forums to figure out how to change the seat angle. I didn't see a way to change it when I assembled the bike and didn't see anything in the manual either?

Any ideas on how to get the promo codes to work?

Thanks Again

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
tmp_15680-IMG_20151218_121206-283963682.jpg Be patient for a response as I'm sure they are busy but somebody always answers.

.I have a Q3 but your seat probably adjusts the same way. In this pic as I currently have my Q set up look at the bracket connecting the seat back to the top of the seat post. I currently have 4 seat back angles that it can be set to - each hole on the bracket and my makeshift silver colored extension has the 4he hole that it is currently set to. For me to change the angle what I do is first loosen the bolt that connects the bracket to the seat back itself by lifting the seat pad to access the screw under the pad. Do this for the other bracket also. Second take out both bolts that connect the bracket to the top of the seat post. Select the new seat angle by selecting one of the other holes in the bracket and screw in the bolt in that hole back into the the top of the seat tube. Do this for the other bracket. Then tighten the bolts that hold the brackets into the seat back. Check all bolts again for tightness, and put seat pad back. Then ride!.
.Also note on the pic my placement of the ADEM HEADREST bracket...

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Forgot to mention that there are also 4 settings for the seat pan to move forwards/backwards. This also changes the seat angle. I also experimented with this and found for me that setting the seat more forward works better. There are many variables working here to find which works for you but i found that the further forward my seat sits on the frame the less likely I was to have my legs contact the handle bars. ..

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Jay,

I just replied to your email. Sorry for the delay - V20 builds, V2K orders, general stuff, phone calls (worldwide), forum, email, are all part of my plate and I am trying to get everything out with as little delay as possible. You can drill your seat out to move the stays in as in the above picture, or I will include the small spacers with the rack. The code tu use right now is CZBKJOY for free shipping. I am pretty sure that only one works at a time and that is the current one.

Robert