Yesterday Oakland... today Maui

jwitten

Hello all -

On Monday I took a nice ride along the Bay Trail just north of Oakland, California. Our Crew Hotel is in Emeryville, and is only about 3 blocks from the trail. I headed north up to Richmond and took in the scenery. The weather was a bit dissapointing with overcast skies, a bit of drizzle, and a healthy wind blowing, but still a very enjoyable ride. This section of the Bay Trail is awsemone! Several parks along the way, along with a few marinas, and several waterfont neighborhoods that the trail winds through. I stopped at one of the marinas and ate lunch on the park bench with a nice view of the sailboats (photo below. I continued northward and finally made a u-turn at Ford's WWII Factory in Richmond. I don't have a cycle computer on the Quest (yet), but I would imagine it was about a 25 mile round trip.

OAK2.jpg width: 478px; ;

Today, it was off to Maui. Our Crew Hotel is just south of Kehei on the southern shore. I headed into downtown Kihei on the main drag and stopped at a convenience store for a few items. I then headed south along the waterfront to the small town of Wailea. It was probably only about a 15 mile ride, but I was in no hurry and stopped at a few scenic locations along the way. On the return trip, I stopped in at Chinese diner to refuel.

MAU2.jpg width: 478px; ;

The Quest continues to turn heads along the way. Lots of smiles, hellos, and a few "cool bike" comments from passers-by. It is such a comfortable ride that I almost forget I am actually excercising. I am really liking the 451 wheelset. The 451 bike sits a bit lower than my Sofrider, and I find it very convenient to stand up at a red light or stop sign and give myself a nice standing push-off to get the bike rolling again. This is not quite as easy to do with the 26" wheels. I am 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, and the Quest is very comfortable. I would also highly recommend the 451 wheelset for riders of smaller stature.

I've had no issues at all with the components on the Quest, and am getting better at the assembly/disassembly process, and packing it in the F-lite suitcase. After doing this about a dozen times or so, it is taking me about 30-40 minutes from start-to-finish for dissassembly and packing. Assembly is between 45 minutes to an hour depending on whether the disk brakes need any adjustment.

Anyway, I hope others are enjoying thw Quest as much as I am!?!