Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

22 replies [Last post]
Paladin's picture
Paladin
Offline
Joined: 1 Aug 2008

Anyone interested in selling a Silvio frameset, or full bike, please let me know.

Marc Ward
Brookfield, WI

John Tolhurst's picture
John Tolhurst
Offline
Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

That would be me. Wink Laughing out loud

But yes, certainly worth fishing for a second hand one.

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Marc,

It's always worth a shot, but I doubt you'll find a used one. They're still pretty exotic here in the US. I'm just guessing, but I bet there isn't more than a dozen all together. Maybe John could shed some light. It's a fun bike, though! Fun to ride and fun to have something that IS so exotic and yet, affordable.

Mark

Paladin's picture
Paladin
Offline
Joined: 1 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Mark B wrote:
Marc,

It's always worth a shot, but I doubt you'll find a used one. They're still pretty exotic here in the US. I'm just guessing, but I bet there isn't more than a dozen all together. Maybe John could shed some light. It's a fun bike, though! Fun to ride and fun to have something that IS so exotic and yet, affordable.

Mark

Mark, why does your sig say "Silvio R.I.P."?

Also, is that why your sig also references "Silvio II". Replacement? Is it a newer version?

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Paladin wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Marc,

It's always worth a shot, but I doubt you'll find a used one. They're still pretty exotic here in the US. I'm just guessing, but I bet there isn't more than a dozen all together. Maybe John could shed some light. It's a fun bike, though! Fun to ride and fun to have something that IS so exotic and yet, affordable.

Mark

Mark, why does your sig say "Silvio R.I.P."?

Also, is that why your sig also references "Silvio II". Replacement? Is it a newer version?

My first Silvio was involved in a roof rack/low overhead accident. Replacement frame will (hopefully) be ordered soon, provided my bank and or insurance company can pull their heads from their butts.

Mark

Paladin's picture
Paladin
Offline
Joined: 1 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

My first Silvio was involved in a roof rack/low overhead accident. Replacement frame will (hopefully) be ordered soon, provided my bank and or insurance company can pull their heads from their butts.
Mark

Yikes, that must have been ugly.

You know, sometimes I think I am crazy for thinking of this. Buying a new frame for $2,100 and then building it out, is gonna get me a $3,000+ bike that I have never ridden or seen. I have one recumbent (Rans Formula V2 LE 26/20) and need another bike not at all.

Am I crazy for being intrigued by this adventure?

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Paladin wrote:
You know, sometimes I think I am crazy for thinking of this. Buying a new frame for $2,100 and then building it out, is gonna get me a $3,000+ bike that I have never ridden or seen. I have one recumbent (Rans Formula V2 LE 26/20) and need another bike not at all.

Am I crazy for being intrigued by this adventure?

Not at all. I pondered the same thing. I had a Bachetta Strada and my trusty old Vision R42. I didn't need another bike, but I got intrigued by the front wheel drive. So, I ordered the conversion kit and built one. To tell the truth, the first few attempts to ride were horrendous, but I had read from others that the learning curve was short, but steep. Sure enough, I got the hang pretty quick and understood what all the buzz was about. It wasn't long after I tried to ride my Bachetta again that it and the Vision went up for sale to finance my Silvio. No regrets, none whatsoever. The only regret I have with my Silvio is that low overhang. :oops:

Mark

dmc's picture
dmc
Offline
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
dmc wrote:
I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.

Where are you located, DMC? How much are you looking to get for it?

Mark

JonB's picture
JonB
Offline
Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Mark B wrote:
dmc wrote:
I have a Silvio frame I want to sell. One out of the original production run. Was built up and ridden, low miles. Components are now on another bike. Let me know if you if are interested and we can discuss further.

Where are you located, DMC? How much are you looking to get for it?

I knew it, you are trying to start a team. How did you get Armstrong onboard?

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
JonB wrote:
I knew it, you are trying to start a team. How did you get Armstrong onboard?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud I promised not to tell!

Mark

Cruzn Trav 1's picture
Cruzn Trav 1
Offline
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

hey dmc im heaps keen on gettin a silvio
how much ya chasen
im in western australia happy to pay shipping for right deal
travis.tompkin@gmail.com

Tom Roberts's picture
Tom Roberts
Offline
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

I would be interested in your Silvio frame set. How much are you asking for it? I am located in Irvine, CA.
Thanks,
Tom Roberts

dmc's picture
dmc
Offline
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Mark,
I live in Seattle, WA and I am looking to get $1200 + shipping. My e-mail address is d_cain@hotmail.com.

defjack's picture
defjack
Offline
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Great deal someone better grab this one fast. Jack

__________________

Vendetta, Silvio,Quest 451 Santa Monica San Diego

Cruzn Trav 1's picture
Cruzn Trav 1
Offline
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

I just purchased a new silvio
Someone should seriously grab this neat 2nd handy

Danielpeper's picture
Danielpeper
Offline
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Hey guys,
Someone was blessed to grab this Silvio 'second handy'. ME!Laughing out loud Looking forward to choosing components using the expertise of all of you Silvio riders. If this bike brings back some of the joy I had as a youngster when I rode my bike, then it will have been well worth the cost.
Daniel

PS Thank you David.

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Danielpeper wrote:
Hey guys,
Someone was blessed to grab this Silvio 'second handy'. ME!Laughing out loud Looking forward to choosing components using the expertise of all of you Silvio riders. If this bike brings back some of the joy I had as a youngster when I rode my bike, then it will have been well worth the cost.
Daniel

PS Thank you David.

Incredible.... Welcome to the club! You have been assimilated.

Mark

WhiteSilvio's picture
WhiteSilvio
Offline
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
Mark B wrote:
Incredible.... Welcome to the club! You have been assimilated.

Mark

Oh, I hope that isn't too painful!!!

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI
WhiteSilvio wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Incredible.... Welcome to the club! You have been assimilated.

Mark

Oh, I hope that isn't too painful!!!

Writing that check is the most painful part. The rest is wonderful!

Mark

Danielpeper's picture
Danielpeper
Offline
Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Hi Ho Silvio!
After checking around for prices, I pulled the trigger. ( The weather is sweet in Michigan this time of year!) Since I have little experience working on bikes, I decided to have a LBS do the full build. (I get to watch Smile I just bring the frame parts over and presto chango it is done. Ordered all Ultegra 6600: 50-34 crankset 10 speed 175 Crankset, 12-27 cassette, Ultegra hubs and Velocity Fusion Black rims with Stelvio 700x28c tires, WTB Mountain Road Bar. Supposed to be here by Friday. I'm geeked.
Daniel

Mark B's picture
Mark B
Offline
Joined: 1 Mar 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

And geeked you should be! Lots of pictures, please! We love bike porn. No bike mechanic butt-cracks, though, please. Shock Congratulations, you are gonna love this bike!

Mark

Cruzn Trav 1's picture
Cruzn Trav 1
Offline
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Share
Re: Silvio Wanted - Milwaukee, WI

Congrats Let us know how it goes
Go the 2nd handy! you good thing