New Profile Posts

1. ratz
    ratz
    Happy dance, my redesigned FLO 90's shipped today, 6 months tardy, let's hope they work this time.
  2. trplay
    trplay ratz
    hello ratz, a quick question on the rwc bb. Do you use the wave washer on the SRAM cranks or just tighten them up? I have used the two 1mm spacers between the frame and r/l bb another question is do I use any covers between the rubber gaskets and cranks? I have a strange washer marked 24x1mm that was in the packet with the wave washer. Is this used or is it for a different setup? Thanks.
    1. Kurts Recumbent likes this.
    2. ratz
      ratz
      If this is the RWC and not the XD-15 then it's install the the wave washer on the drive side of the crank arm spindle. Install crank in BB and torque to spec. If there is no left right play then you don't need the 24x1mm This will usually be the case with a GXP crank. If you have left and right play in the crank set, then install the 24x1mm washer and then the wave washer between the 24x1mm and the BB.
      Mar 15, 2017
  3. Paul Sherman
    Paul Sherman Robert Holler
    Check out the headrests on the CatTrike bikes. Looks much better than ours. As a neck fusion survivor, I need something a little more adjustable
    https://goo.gl/images/Q5fd0v
  4. ratz
    ratz
    oh my. +12 inches of snow by friday night. Time to go back to florida
  5. jond
    jond ratz
    Hi bob all set up for super coach ratz. Where do I start.
  6. ratz
    ratz
    Was reding DCRainmaker and lo-and-behold a V20 ad appears on the page.
    1. Charles.Plager likes this.
  7. ratz
    ratz Robert Holler
    1. Tom Roberts
      Tom Roberts
      Thanks Bob. I just ask Robert for a picture before a read your post.
      Aug 20, 2016
  8. Robert Holler
    Robert Holler
    Tom, I locked mine down with a small hose clamp. Just pull the boot up and clamp the shaft.
    1. Tom Roberts
      Tom Roberts
      Thanks. I've never looked under the boot so it may become obvious, but a picture of what you have done would be appreciated (if you have time).
      Aug 20, 2016
    2. Tom Roberts
      Tom Roberts
      Forget my above post (expect for the "Thanks". Ratz posted your picture of the mod.
      Aug 20, 2016
  9. Tom Roberts
    Tom Roberts Robert Holler
    Hey Robert, At the retreat you mentioned there was a way to lock down the front shock on the S30. ...knowledge which I never gleaned from you. Would you explain how to do that? I would like to see how different the bike feels and handles.
    Thanks
  10. Tom Roberts
    Tom Roberts ratz
    Hi Bob, It was great meeting you this past weekend. I'm looking for a little more help with the Q rings we talked about. I found the "Q Ring Upgrade thread and followed the Jenson link. I'm not sure what tooth count I should get. ...34, 36,38, 44? Also, I looked on the Back Country website and did not see the Q Rings. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    1. Tom Roberts
      Tom Roberts
      Bob, The q-ring arrived and I'm working on the installation. I would like to make sure it's in the correct position before reassembly. ...so, when the crank is in a horizontal position pointed forward there is one bolt hole just above it and one just below it. Should the #4 position on the ring go in the bolt hole above or below the crank. ( In the pictures on the q-ring thread it is below.) Thanks
      Aug 2, 2016
    2. ratz
      ratz
      #4 on the bolt below the crank. Or another way to say it the BOLT that leads the crank through it's revolution.
      Aug 2, 2016
    3. Tom Roberts
      Tom Roberts
      Thanks
      Aug 2, 2016
  11. Lief
    Lief
    Still riding a Portland Cruzbike Retreat high - no THC.
  12. DavidCH
    DavidCH
    In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
  13. DavidCH
    DavidCH
    In thought; expanding the Paradyme of traversity
  14. Always-Learnin
    Always-Learnin ratz
    Did you get a chance to take some pics of your Fly12 mount on the bike?
    1. ratz
      ratz
      Not yet; been a busy spring thing is sitting waiting for a first ride test.
      May 28, 2016
    2. ratz
      ratz
      got footage today, a little disappointed in the unit, i'll get some video processed and posted
      May 30, 2016
  15. MrSteve
    MrSteve
    When I pretend to be Jason Perez, the hills get much flatter!
  16. ratz
    ratz
    5-7 inchs of snow today. I blame @mzweili for posting that snow photograph
  17. justbob20
    justbob20 ratz
    Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated!
  18. ratz
  19. beichenlaub
    beichenlaub ratz
    Hello
    This snow is finally melting in northern Michigan ! I went out to the parking lot with my Silvio for the first time this afternoon. Yikes! Please send me your script for learning how to ride. Another thing, how do you park this thing when you're going downtown for coffee?
    1. ratz
    2. brokemyback
      brokemyback
      Don't get frustrated. Pretend you're a little kid again learning to ride and expect to be wobbly and erratic. I am steady enough to ride with my group after two weeks of 15 minute evening practices.
      Mar 1, 2016
  20. MrSteve
    MrSteve
    You know everything, don't you.